It’s bad enough that today was back to work. It was made worse that one of my co-workers decided to scream at me and challenge me. That didn’t go well but I handled it professionally, which is way different that how I would handle it personally. I got close to telling him to go fuck himself, but thankfully that didn’t happen. Our boss is out today but he will read all about it when he checks his email.
Then for the main event, my other c0worker from the help desk told me that he put in his notice today. Were pretty close and this was a major blow. I won’t say it was unexpected, I kind of figured that he was toying with the idea. A guy we used to work with put a bug in his ear and he got on a fast track to getting hired. He’s moving out of the area and back to where he came from, so it’s not like we will see each other again. I do have a verbal invite to his wedding but that is out of town and it won’t be worth my time to attend. The other guy we work with is out on medical leave. We sit in the same row and I will have the only cube that is occupied. Not happy about that at all.
Outside of that there is getting to know a new person when they find someone in several months ahead. I don’t know that I will have the same bond with them but time will tell. There are an overwhelmingly a lot of tech people leaving and today’s announcement set off plenty of alarms.
I am on the fence but I have thought about leaving as well. I’m not happy with my compensation, the fact that I am working with an idiot and a cantankerous old man. Our boss is a waffler who has to ask his boss for permission to use the bathroom. It’s just an all around difficult situation. Leaving would shake things up for me and I could easily land on my fat ass. Fear and compliance are what are keeping me put at the moment. However, if things get worse then I will start searching. I like my job but the politics is horrible. Who knows maybe things will change now, all I can do is stay tuned.
Looking forward to leaving here and heading home for left over Red Barron Pizza. It was pretty good and hopefully it will be even better reheated. I have some TV to catch up on. I didn’t see John Oliver way too sleepy. Spending sometime with the children and then calling it a night.
More Winter weather will be moving in just in time for the evening commute Tuesday night and then the rest of it for the commute on Wednesday morning. I am not panicking, just staying tuned to local media to hear the weather. I make most of my decisions on what is actually on the ground and sometimes they call it wrong. However, I wouldn’t object to time at home off work, but considering I am salaried now they will make me work even if I am at home.
I hope your Monday was far better than mine. I’ve got an hour and a half to go and then this day will be history. I am also no longer on call so that helps. The children hate my cell phone. Ah well, stay warm and be well. Talk with you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment