12 January 2019

Canadian Pizza & Sex Ed

Another week has come to an end.  It’s been a busy one, no doubt!  Thursday I got the massage I wanted but holy hell I was really worked over.  My neck is still sore and Friday I just wanted to stay in bed all day.  I’ve done the ice pack and hot shower thing.  Tonight I think it’s time to visit my old friend Mr. Heating Pad.  There are some serious knots on my back.  Shame I can’t just have them surgically removed.  Friday brought a whole new challenge, we had a major snow storm hit the area.  There hasn’t been this much snow around in many years.  So the massive snow dump I wanted came but I didn’t want it to ruin a weekend but rather a work week.  In any case I spoke with the boss and listened to the medias warning to head home early on Friday.  I asked about leaving and was told to “update my time card accordingly”.  Yeah he promoted me and has already forgotten that I am salaried, so there is no time card to update.  This is gimme time as I don’t plan on using my time.  That makes up for the short lunches all week long in my book.  I purchased a store brand pizza last week and as I was reading the instructions on cooking it, I noticed that it was made in Canada.  Never had Canadian Pizza.  It was good.  I had most of it last night but managed to save a slice for breakfast and now it’s gone. 

Saturday morning was dubbed Stay Home Saturday.  Yeah most people actually listened.  I got out this afternoon and there wasn’t a whole lot of people out.  The pet food store closed at 5p due to the weather.  The roads were actually fine.  However, there was rain falling and more snow.  It’s supposed to snow all night long so tomorrow will be challenging. 

I made it to grab the mail, get a bite to eat and do some guy watching.  A cute waiter was working and I had the chance to talk to him and make a move but I passed it up.  I am not 100% sure of his age, I think he is legal but I don’t know that he is gay.  It was difficult not to engage him in conversation but ah well.  I also grabbed cat food and then came home.  I needed to hit up Target & Sam’s but I just gave up. 

Last week I noticed one of my boot laces was frayed so time for a new pair of laces.  That cost me $26 because I went on Amazon to get them.  They were like $6 but there was a plethora of other things that I decided that I had to have.  That’s the problem with shopping on Amazon.  I placed my order and then BOOM my Prime Membership renewed on top of that so there is another $119.  Damn, talk about bad timing. 

There is a new series on Netflix called Sex Education.  It’s a bunch of teenagers learning all about Sex.  It appears to be based in London.  I don’t do foreign TV or Film but this sucked me right in.  Sadly there is only 1 season and a mere 9 episodes.  I started watching last night and finished up this morning.  I’m ready for Season 2 already.  Next Friday the next installment of Grace & Frankie will be available, can’t wait for that.  All sorts of good stuff to watch now that the holidays are done.

On my way home yesterday through the storm I got a text message from one of my banks that a charge was just made.  I knew instantly that it was a porn subscription renewing, based on the amount.  They tend to bill when they want to rather than following a rigid 30 day schedule.  In this case they shouldn’t have billed for a few more days.  This has been going on for quite sometime and I have been a member for years.  One thing led to another and before I knew what happened I cancelled my subscription.  I had a very discounted rate and it’s kind of sad.  However, there Roku app is broken so if I wanted to watch any of their content I have to view on-line or download it and watch on my PC.  I still have another month but after that were done.  Oddly enough I don’t really have second thoughts about it.  I’m going to be saving a couple hundred dollars over the course of a year so that is a plus in my book. 

I was on social media and saw a porn star that I really like deciding to criticize another person.  His remark just set off a nerve in me and I have unfollowed him.  Fuck the negative I have enough of that in my life.  This is a new year and I am going to try to make it a better year for me. 

Finally the best news for last.  My friend who was scheduled to loose his job later this month called and told me tonight that they gave him an extension until March.  I told him not to be overly confident but that he may get a couple of extensions.  He apparently is the only one who knows what the fuck is going on at his company and without him I think a lot of shit will fall apart.  Kind of similar to me.  The show must go on and were all replaceable so while things may be difficult for the business they aren’t going to stop just because one person fell off the payroll. 

Well time to go load the dishwasher and prepare for Sunday.  Looking forward to a hot bowl of Chili and a nice burger for breakfast tomorrow.  Hopefully I will see kind and familiar faces.  A quick run through the grocery store and a stop at the gas station and I will be home for the day.  I’m not shoveling my driveway, my AWD SUV is coming in mighty handy right about now.  So glad that I have it.  I also found out on my commute home on Friday that the heated mirrors actually do work.  That is a wonderful feature being able to see what is coming up behind you. 

Here’s hoping your warm and safe.  One more day of relaxation and then it’s back to the grindstone.  Take care and be well.  Talk again soon. 

No comments: