With my good prescription discount leaving I have been searching for alternatives. There is a site called goodrx.com they can find you savings on medications and you can print free coupons to get the discount. If you’d prefer not to print coupons you can join their gold program for $5.99 per month for a single person or $9.99 for families. You get a card to carry and present it at the pharmacy. They claim you will get 90% better price than the cash price. That’s well and good but what about my cats? They have a goodrx for pets but they also talk about a site called Heartland Vet Supply.
I just priced out my sudafed for 3 months I was paying $18 – the retail price is $90. I found a coupon that takes the cost down to $26.40. That is a slight increase and beats paying the $90 so I will be using this. I priced out my cat’s medicine and both medicines are $55 for 3 months. So I guess I’ll be having my vet reach out to them as soon as I can spare the money to take them in. I was in more than a slight panic over losing discount pricing through work but turns out the discounts are out there, you just have to look for them!
It’s been a productive day. I woke up at 7a. I wasted sometime at home before I ventured out into the 11 degree weather. I realize that depending on where your at that could sound like a heat wave. In any case I made it to Steak N Shake for breakfast which was a nice warm bowl of chili followed by a Frisco Melt with Bacon, Fries and washed it all down with a couple Diet Coke’s. The older guy that takes care of kids and some of us adults was there. I noticed he had what looked like a book on his table and I asked about what it was. He said it was a cigar box. How interesting. He wound up giving it to this little girl telling her to use it as a treasure box. He’s always doing kind gestures like that. While he was tied up giving that box away I paid his check. Then it was on to the grocery store and finally the post office. I had plenty of mail waiting for me.
I came home to warm up because I thought my hands were going to fall off. I have gloves but don’t usually wear them because they are bulky. I wound up settling in and taking a nice nap with the kids. Momma had the bed. Gator and I had the chair. Marv was behind me in the chair. Not a sound in the air and it was so peaceful I just couldn’t resist.
When I woke up it was off to Target, Pet Food Store and Sam’s. As I came out of Sam’s it was snowing. I guess that was the snow we were supposed to get yesterday. I was going out for supper but the snow put a damper on that. I had a casserole that I picked up at Target. I’m not afraid of the snow but why go out if you don’t have to? I need gas so I will go out to breakfast tomorrow, mail some letters and gas up. Then home for the rest of the day. I am working on laundry. Fed the kids and did some letter writing. It’s all business and it’s arguing which I am kind of tired of.
Last night was productive as well. I first solved a performance problem on my HP Desktop. There was an HP Touchpoint Program running. From what I saw on the web it uses up plenty of processor power as well as sending HP information about your machine. It’s kind of like spyware but HP doesn’t call it that. In any case I stopped it and wow it’s like I have a new machine again. I originally blamed my new online backup program and made changes to it, which I undid last night after I found that other piece of software. So if you have an HP machine and your having a similar problem look for that Touchpoint Program.
The other technological advance I made was with my WIFI Router. When I configured it originally WIFI calling worked on my cell phone. Then one day months ago it stopped working. I had no idea how to get it working again. I did some googling and got an idea, sure enough it paid off. I had to enable IPSEC. I put my phone in airplane mode and then took it out. Bingo WIFI Calling was on. It’s kind of hit and miss, which is how it behaved before but at least it’s back. I have it when I am at work and figured why not have it at home. When it works it’s very handy, especially at work since the building is full of metal and cell reception is hit or miss, unless you go into an office or by a window.
Working on laundry, I’ll be loading the dishwasher in a while and headed for bed. Tomorrow will be finishing up on laundry, vacuuming and then relaxing as I mentally prepare for what I am sure will be a hellish and busy week.
Tax time is something that I sort of look forward to. I got my first form from work. Waiting on a few more and as soon as they are all in, I will file. The sooner your file the greater your chances for cutting down on fraud. The state I work in had their tax tables redone so the word is out that if you got a refund last year, expect to pay this year if you don’t break even. Looks like all I can hope for is a decent federal refund, which hopefully will happen.
The scanner is full of car accidents and I am so very happy that tomorrow is a holiday and even more so that I am in my nice warm house instead of stuck in traffic. I feel sorry for those people who manage to get in wrecks in this type of weather. Best tip I ever got was to pretend like there is a raw egg between your foot and the gas pedal. You don’t want the egg to break so don’t press hard on the gas. It’s honestly so simple. That applies to snow and ice but on ice you have to be extra diligent about your surroundings. I kind of wish this would all end so I can have a clean vehicle again, if only for a few days. Driving with dirty windows in the dark is no fun. Hell I don’t really like driving in the dark, I guess I am getting old.
Cheers for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment