24 April 2018

Robot Fail

So the Trim robot failed.  They tried multiple times to work with my cable company but were unable to get me a discount.  So I am on to phase II of my plan.  Friday is the day, I hope that the moon & the stars align.

This afternoon I have my 2nd therapy session where I get to read my letter to Big Boy.  I’ve actually gone over it a few times with a fine tooth comb and there are some teary moments but for the most part I can get through it okay.  I think that today it might be a little rough, but the horrible pain that I felt after his passing is pretty well gone.  Meal time is no longer an issue but I do still think of him several times throughout the day.  Lets face it he was a large part of my life for 14 years and it’s not like I can wake up and just forget him. 

Yesterday I submitted my self-review.  I love how I planned it out and had this elaborate review only to find out that I was limited on characters and had to scrap the bulk of it.  I did complain about how it’s not fair that I am leading a senior level person and essentially doing his job but I am at a junior level.  I flat out stated that my pay needed to be seriously adjusted as this is grossly unfair to me.  However, I am thankful that I have a job.  I know that HR will look at the review so if they aren’t already aware of problems on my team this was my way of exposing them and speaking up.  I’m not sure if there will be negative consequences for me but hopefully it gets me a serious pay bump which is part of what I am after.  The other part is to either demote the senior level guy or kick his ass out.  This has gone on for far too long and it needs to come to an abrupt end. 

I got a message yesterday from my first boss that she is out on leave until further notice.  She is battling cancer.  Her doctors get things under control, she goes into remission or is cancer free and then a few months later it pops up again.  It’s been a very rocky road for her and there has been at least 1 close call.  I have a sinking feeling that she might not bounce back from this.  I hope I am wrong.  She is a great person and I am very grateful to her for hiring me. 

That’s life, it’s always moving forward regardless if you want it to or not.  So pressing on with Tuesday which is actually my Thursday.  Hope it’s a great day for everyone. 

No comments: