18 May 2014

Sad Sunday

Today is a better day!  I got up early enough to feed the children, kick on the furnace, get dressed and take my medicine.  Then it was out the door to breakfast at Steak N Shake.  It was cheap but today someone was crazy in the kitchen with the salt.  Hate that.  I’m not a fan of salt in my food.

Afterwards I ventured over to the grocery store, where I bought next to nothing and spent $59.  It sure doesn’t take much to run up a bill. 

Then it was off to the gas station.  Then home to carry in and unpack the grocery's.  Of course then it was time to move to laundry.  I am working on finishing that up and moving to the shower. 

A job that I interviewed for last month at a computer company close to home, is being advertised on-line again.  I applied but the guy said that if it didn’t work out with the candidate they chose he would call me.  Apparently he doesn’t keep his word.  The job has been on-line for 2 days and the wording is exactly the same.  I wasn’t going to apply at first but then I said what do I have to loose?  I mean this is the place that doesn’t do direct deposit and they didn’t want to pay me what I wanted.  However, they were willing to provide me a vehicle to drive back and forth every day.  That would be a nice advantage. 

My friend reached out to me last night at 9 by text and said that he would call after church.  I told him lets skip it this week and do it next weekend.  I wasn’t sure that I would have time and be able to accomplish everything that I wanted.  Plus next week I will get an extra day because next Monday is Memorial Day. 

I pray this is the week that something pops with the job search and I get an offer.  I said before that I will take the first offer that comes along but it has to be worth my while.  I can’t afford to take a pay cut.

The cable company notified me today that my statement was on-line and I went to look.  It is $10 higher but looks like the last person I spoke with did what he said he would and my bill is right where it should be.  $80 for tv and $50 for internet.  I know it’s a lot.  Then there are fees and taxes which really put it over the top. 

Last night I read the article in Rolling Stone on Neil Patrick Harris.  He is quite the person.  Witty and has a bit of a dirty mouth.  I think we’d get along fine.  He has dropped a bunch of weight to get into the Hedwig role.  I have seen some more recent photos of him on-line and he is looking anorexic.  He needs to eat something!  Bravo on the weight loss, wish I could loose a few pounds.  However, starvation isn’t an option for myself, which is actually how he lost most of his weight.  You learn a little bit more about him and while the magazine cost me $5 it was worth it just to get the article.

Now I am going to go get wet n soapy.  The washer just kicked off and it’s time to go swap loads and then make my bed.  Then to the showers.  Ah fun day.  I’ll be watching Nurse Jackie in no time at all.  That is a good thing but it just brings me closer to bed time and I am not looking forward to that.  I really hate going back to work and Mondays both of which happen tomorrow. 

Hope your weekend is going well.  Talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Fingers crossed this is the week you get a good offer!