I got a call from a co-worker who is bored out of her mind. I never said that I was just that things were slow. She made the mistake of telling me that she doesn’t have much to do. I won’t be repeating it but jeez that is just something you don’t want to share. If word spreads then your gone quicker than you anticipated.
While I too am ready to jump out the window or go for a walk it’s far better to be bored and collecting a paycheck than stuck at home on unemployment.
I got a call from a regulatory agency that I complained to about the mortgage. They explained to me that the mortgage company should have been up front with me and there is no possibility of me getting any kind of payment assistants because my name is not on the loan.
I have three choices in there eyes – assume the loan, refinance the loan or walk away. They leaned towards just walking away because it’s probably the best way out for me. However, there would be some potential legal implications so they encouraged me to contact an attorney before I acted.
While I am appreciative of the advice I am staying the course until I know how things shake out with the job. It could wind up where I stop paying and live there rent free for a while.
A new job and finding one are the keys to my future. It will dictate what I will be able to do and what I won’t be able to do. That is why it’s key that I find something quickly, because if push comes to shove I will be on the street before you can say the word money.
I decided to send a follow up note to a managing partner of a firm that a friend referred me to. She hand walked my resume to him. He seemed interested so she said. I sent another copy of my resume and encouraged him to reach out to me. Time will tell if I am successful. From what I hear he runs a very nice firm and treats people with the utmost of respect, you know like people should be treated. Why can’t everyone in the world be like that?
Okay so afternoon is in full swing now. 4 more hours and then it will be time to sail home and get that frozen fish TV dinner. Can’t you tell I am so excited? I know it will be a decent meal but it will also be closer to going to bed and coming back here for what will prove to be another boring day. At least there are only 2 more left. Makes me truly treasure and savor the weekend. Shame we can’t have more Saturday’s!
So I guess back to the job search and trying to find some trouble to get into. Talk with you peeps later.
No comments:
Post a Comment