19 May 2014

Monday

So far we are off to a good start for this not so favorite day of the week.  I got an in person interview setup for Thursday.  This is the ‘grill session’ and will be the 3rd round for a major organization.  Fingers crossed.

I have also reached out to the computer place by my house.  I expressed interest in the position, presuming it was in fact available again. 

The company with the Google work ethic reached out to me trying to setup a phone interview for tomorrow.  I wrote them back and told them I am no longer interested.  They actually had the guts to call me and ask why, which I think is a pretty bold move.  They said oh well if things change keep us in mind.  The fact that I don’t want to work there isn’t going to change.  I don’t want to go to a pressure cooker.  I’ve have already established to myself that I don’t do well with high pressure situations.  Probably why I am not a hostage negotiator by trade.  :)

The mirror is still on the car.  I spoke with my brother last night and he told me that he encountered a similar situation with our moms car.  He glued it in place and it lasted a couple months.  I asked him if he clamped after gluing and he said no.  So I am inclined to believe that my glue job will last for a while.  I will be ordering a replacement mirror and will probably have it installed but not until the job situation clears up.  I may be brave and try it myself too, it just depends upon how I feel and how life has been treating me. 

My brother of course had all day to call but he chose to call when Nurse Jackie was on.  I was not happy about that.  However, I can watch it tonight On Demand, so no worries. 

It’s about an hour and 15 minutes from lunch and I am already to leave for the day.  Unfortunately that won’t happen.

Battle over dinner salad and left over pizza or reheat Maggiano’s lasagna?  Both sound good but I can only have one of them, I mean that is all my stomach will hold.  Trash goes out tonight, another chore I don’t like.  However, the biggest part of it is done.  I just have to make one last pass through the house and then were all set. 

Lunch is a Roast Beef & Cheese sandwich.  Looking forward to that and the fruit and yogurt that I brought.  I had Crunchy Rasin Bran for breakfast it was pretty good. 

So far that is all I know.  Still hoping that I get an offer from the place that I really want to work but I am confident that God will place me where he wants me to be.  So long as I am happy and secure that is all that matters to me.  I’ve got a lot riding with the mortgage, bankruptcy, cats and myself all hanging in the balance.  Gambling is not my strong suite.

Well back to the grind for now.  Hope your Monday is going well.  I will talk with you peeps later. 

No comments: