Life has been busy the past few days. Seems like I am just doing the Work Eat Sleep and functioning on auto pilot. Talked with a couple friends Tuesday and Wednesday evening. That was nice but it took up so much time.
I was asked to gather evidence against my so called friend. I had to search her computer and wow I found a mountain of stuff that was not appropriate for work. It clearly shows that she was running an outside business using company time and resources, which is prohibited by most places. Then I was going to have to testify at her unemployment hearing but Legal got me out of that. Thank God! It’s bad enough that I had to gather evidence but testifying is a big thing. She asked me to wipe her computer after she was thrown out. I told her I would do it, but knew that I couldn’t do it. I think that she is taking comfort in the fact that I had her back but when she finds out that I didn’t wipe it she will flip her lid. I don’t know if she will call me or if I will even hear from her again. I did what I was asked and obligated to do in order to keep my job. Friendship is one thing but keeping your job is another. Had I wiped anything and that come to light I would be in serious hot water and would probably be in the unemployment line with her. Had she been a better friend and not screwed up and thrown away a great opportunity and if they would have fired her for no good reason then I probably would have had her back. However, she screwed me over because her performance reflects on me since I am the one that referred her to this place. I am honestly done with her. I will be glad when she gets a life and moves on. There is no way in hell she is going to win unemployment because of the pictures they have and submitted with her sleeping. It’s different days, different clothing and consistent behavior. I don’t know any body would say that she qualifies for unemployment. At the end of the day, she was justly fired because she didn’t do her job. Time to move on with life instead of trying to leach off the system and expect the world to pay your bills, because you think your owed. No one owes her a thing, if anything she owes others. Just hearing talk about her here and the things that people are saying really disturb me, but I keep my mouth shut and do nothing about it because it’s a done deal.
So now that I have that off my chest. I heard back from the Bankruptcy Judge who told me that she was legally prohibited from offering me legal advice. She suggested that I retain an attorney and make a motion with the court or I could make a motion on my own but it would have to be in proper format and served upon all parties who have an interest in the case. I think she kind of misunderstood what I was saying. It was simply the attorney that was retained to represent my partner has been unethical and lied to the court, is totally non responsive to any form of communication put forth by me and I have had enough this bullshit I am not paying them any more of my money. The debt was his and is not mine. I am not legally obligated nor responsible to pay it, pure and simple. She did pass along a copy of my letter to the attorney that was retained, the trustee and the US Trustees Office for their consideration, what ever that means. No one will help me so I am helping myself and let the chips fall where they may. I don’t think anyone will come after a dead person but then again I don’t know that for certain, but we will find out. Unless someone can make a compelling argument I am not giving them one more red cent pure and simple.
Cats are doing okay. Blu is so hyper and silly. I have to whip out a camera to try to catch him playing, it’s entertaining and funny. He knocked my Christmas cookies off the stove but thankfully the container they were in stayed sealed. Big Boy is not going to the bathroom every day, I just noticed this change recently and I have been pretty vigilant in giving him his medication. He will go every 2 days or sometimes 3 at the most. It’s alarming but it’s also not because there are times when that happens to me. He doesn’t seem like he is in any pain or discomfort so we just keep it business as usual. I don’t see any reason to do anything different. Toying with the idea of taking him in for a checkup but I honestly am afraid of what I will hear. I know that I call the shots now and it’s my decision to keep him alive or end his life but I honestly don’t think that I am worthy of making that decision because it feels too much like I am playing God. I don’t want to do the wrong thing and I will admit I am selfish and want to keep him around as long as possible. I am hopeful that he stays with me for a long time.
Just heard the company is buying lunch today. Burgers and Chili so I am a happy guy. That is my kind of food. I was going to go out last night but wound up staying and talking with a co-worker so long that it just wasn’t worth it. I thought about going out tonight but now that we are having this wonderful meal I think I will just go on home and if I am hungry fix myself something. I have started to drink Orange soda at night because there is no caffeine and I figured it would help me sleep better. I wake up early and even once in the middle of the night. I have had a couple headaches so I am thinking my poor body doesn’t know what to do. Total withdrawal of caffeine is horrible. I did that before and don’t know that I would do it again. Just trying to make things better and stay comfortable in my own little world.
Right now I have nothing planned for Saturday so were talking a lazy day if I can get into lazy mode. It’s pretty easy to do Monday thru Friday. One more day and then the weekend!
Things are quiet here and I really don’t want to work but I will give in. It’s been a stressful week. So I guess I should prepare for lunch and call this quits.
Life is okay but there are still some burdens that I am carrying. I have been on the dating sites and have found a couple guys to hit up. I am afraid of no response but I will endeavor to give it a go. I guess that is the worst thing they could say is nothing or no. I can’t say that I am totally ready for a boyfriend but I would like to give it a try. Moving on is difficult and I can only hope that I find someone who was as good as what I had. I am afraid that no one will quite live up to my total expectations but if I can find some common ground and we can hit it off then I will be okay with that. I am not looking to get hurt and that is the whole gamble when you go looking for love. It’s emotional bankruptcy and well I’ve been through every kind of bankruptcy with the death of my partner. Trying to make the times happier. I can’t say that I am over grieving or depression but I do try to make myself happy.
Stay warm, be good to each other and I will be talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
Your "friend" wasn't much of a friend at all, so I think you're doing the right thing for yourself.
I hope Big Boy will be okay for a long while yet too, and as long as he doesn't appear to be suffering I don't think you need to worry about "playing God", I understand how you feel about that.
Post a Comment