31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013–Last Post of the Year

What a year 2013 was.  Here is my year in review….

January, February and March – all normal months. 

April I lost my partner to a massive stroke, my world was turned upside down and inside out.  I was off work for 2 weeks to try to settle his affairs and that is not enough time.  Went back to work and the following week had to travel.

May, June and July – Again trying to sort of his affairs.  Had to file a lawsuit against one of the larger unions to get a Death Benefit.  Trying to work with the mortgage company and after 4 months of submitting paperwork and calling they denied me.

August – Still trying for the payment modification. Talked to a Congressman

September – October – still working on the mortgage issue.  Referred a friend for a job, she screwed it all up and got fired a month later.  She made me look bad and didn’t do an ounce of work the entire time she was there.

November – What I thought would be some hope I qualified for a mortgage on my own but it was denied at the last minute because I really didn’t qualify.  Still working with the present mortgage company and an Attorney now.

December – Tried to get out of paying his Bankruptcy but red flagged the case so now if I stop paying they will sell the house.  Talked with a friend of a friend who told me that my partner wants me to give the house up since it’s causing me such trouble.  My car got damaged on Christmas break.

Still working for the same angry temperamental hot headed old man.

What I learned this year….

Life is precious enjoy every second of it and don’t be afraid to say I love you or express your feelings.  People are gone in the blink of an eye without any warning. 

Working with banks sucks, they make you fill out forms, wait and string you along.

The law right now isn’t in favor of same sex couples but it did change and DOMA was thrown out.  We are on our way to equality!

Closing out someone’s life is not easy and is very time consuming.  Just when you think your almost done something else seems to pop up. 

Patients and persistence pays off, if you know your right fight until the death and if that means you have to sue someone then do it.  I took down a giant union to get money that was mine. 

Life is expensive and going from 2 incomes to 1 income makes you think about what you need and what you can afford.  You learn to do without and make tough choices.

Call your creditors be it the cable company, alarm company ,etc.  tell them if your going through a rough financial time they will work with you.

Friends.. well tough times show you who your true friends are and you might be surprised by who you think is your friend and who actually is your friend. 

Do you… whatever makes you happy, because no one else can make you happy like you can.  You know yourself and what you like and want, take time out and do something for yourself.

Online Dating is scary you never know what or should I say who you will meet.  I am doing that right now and haven’t gotten date number 1 yet. 

My prayer… As the year winds to a close I pray that the worst is behind me.  This has been a year that I will not soon forget.  Many memories both good and bad.  I am proud of myself for making it this far because I didn’t think I would or could but I did.  I pray that 2014 brings me happiness, a new and better paying job, a mortgage of my own and the ability to make it all work out.  In short I want nothing but the best for 2014 for myself because 2013 sucks.  If it is meant to be I hope that I find Mr. Right who I can build a new life with. I pray that Big Boy and all of my other cats can enjoy another year with me.  I’d also like to win the lottery but if that doesn’t happen it’s okay, just as long as everything else I asked for comes true.  Money isn’t everything but it sure can buy you a lot.   Oh, Loving God please make all of this so!

Thank you for sticking with me and for another year of continued readership.  I will continue to journal my life and hopefully you will read much more positive things than negative things.  Into each life a little rain must fall but I have had a monsoon and am looking for some sunshine!

Happy New Year and may 2014 be the best year ever for all of us!  Cheers.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Yes it has been quite a rollercoaster ride for you, and I hope 2014 brings you some joy!

Happy New Year!