Working ;my tail end off, high stress lots of people to deal with. Almost done with this e-mai project, which is a good thing.
I learned yesterday night that the mortgage company I applied with is going to refund my $250 for the Housing Counseling class that I went to. They said it was a good faith effort on their part. It actually was to make them look good because I filed complaints with several agencies one of which was the BBB. That got me the results that I wanted. They sent me a formal denial today telling me that they can’t help me. Ah, well I already knew that.
I got my time off for after Christmas and New Years approved. So I will have 6 days off for each holiday but it’s only costing me 4 days. Plus I figure they will let us go early on both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. So potentially add a 1/2 day to that! Not too shabby.
Blu is now climbing on to the top of the refrigerator. I would never know it but he knocked off a bunch of stuff that was up there. He is so frisky and has so much energy. I gave him a plastic ball with a bell in it before I left. He was in hog heaven. I thought good maybe you will stop being a brat! It’s like I need a baby sitter for the cat. Another reason to miss my guy, he kept some order in the cat kingdom!
I talked with our HR person today and aired my concerns about feeling like I was being ostracized and I was told that wasn’t the case. I need to talk with my “friend” one on one but there isn’t anything hinky going on and my job isn’t in jeopardy. Yeah, would you really tell me if my job was in jeopardy? I mean it’s like knowing that your going to fire someone at 1pm and they ask you at 12:30 are you going to fire me. What do you tell them yes. Nope that isn’t the way it works. I still don’t fully trust people around here and I never will. There are some who have burned me really bad and others that I would rather not take a chance on. No offense but I am surrounded by an office of women that is not a good thing. We need more guys in here to even things out and get some testosterone in the air. I would say the same thing if I was in an office of all men. The sexes need to blend at work otherwise things just aren’t right. Plus the whole culture here is dog eat dog. That is NOT a good thing at all.
Tomorrow I am having a heart to heart with my friend and airing my concerns, which I can tell you she already knows they are coming. That is okay by me, I will still talk it out and I think maybe I can walk away feeling good about it.
Bad weather should be rolling in. Everone is freaking out because there is the potential for snow and ice. I say you can’t do a damn thing about it, why worry. Just deal with it if and when it happens. The world doesn’t stop because of snow and ice. Get a grip, it’s December this type of weather is expected. Now if it was the middle of July I would worry that it was the end of the world.
I got my new Roku and really love it. I sure hope my friends like it when I give them theirs for Christmas. I kind of which I had the new model in my room, lots more features and you can even get movies on demand directly from ROKU. They require you keep a credit card on file with them, no charge unless you actually watch something. That could come in handy. Their prices are reasonable.
Learning more each day about Paul Walker and his death. I am still in disbelief that he is gone. I learned today that he was a Mormon. No wonder I thought he was hot, something about those Mormon boys. Looks like his death was the result of an accident. The car was a V10 and very difficult to control. If you made a mistake while driving it was unforgiving. The whole things is just a damn shame. Paul has a movie that is due to be released this month, I can imagine people will flock to it to show support. It’s on my list of things to do provided of course that I have money. I don’t visit the movie theater that often.
That is all I know at the moment. Talk with you peeps later. 2 more days! :)
1 comment:
I'm glad you got your $250 back, it helps! I still wish it had all worked out better for you though.
I always look forward to time off at Christmas too. After being with my company for 15 years this year, I get a little more vacation accumulating now. I generally take the week off between Christmas and New Years, this year I'm adding to that the Christmas week. Yay for time off!
Post a Comment