Greetings again reader! Sounds like a robot phrase. :)
So it’s been an interesting weekend. I got home late on Friday because I was stuck at work with a computer problem and it was our office managers computer. She finally took delivery of the machine I built her in October. Jeez. She was whining that her machine didn’t work and it was slow, etc. Yeah, it was jacked up with spyware. That’s what happens when you goof off at work and surf the internet on sites you shouldn’t be on. Anyway, I am holding my breath because if there is something wrong I will surely hear about it. I built it just like any other machine, it’s just that I don’t usually have to update virus definitions and apply a mass of windows updates when I normally deploy a machine, all of that is done when it’s being built. That woman is my enemy – she loves me to my face but stabs me in the back every chance she gets.
I have been very concerned about finances, the house and keeping my furry family together. I put it off as long as I could but last night I sat down and did some serious number crunching and thinking of different scenarios. I found what I believe to be the perfect mix. It requires me to part with money in savings, but it will keep me here. So first I have to pay his bankruptcy from savings. Then I have to make my car payment from savings. Later this week I will be calling for a pay off and if it’s cheaper I will just go pay it off and be done with it. The question is all about interest and where it’s going to benefit me the most. That is it. I should also try to reduce expenses as much as possible so I will have to try going back to once a month haircuts. Right now I have a gift card I bought and there are still 2 haircuts left. I also am going to reach out to Ma Bell to find out if I can make my home and cell phones cheaper. I know I will probably have to give up some features but anything will help me. Finally, regardless if the present lender works with me or not, if my figuring is correct then I will be okay. I call them tomorrow so cross your fingers, eyes, ears, toes and say a prayer. I hope they finally see the light and decide to work with me. That would be the best Christmas present right now. I’m looking for a $500 reduction in the payment, but anything will help. I also pray that Uncle Sam is good to me come tax time, presuming so that will be extra money that I can use to continue to stay afloat. Not trying to be negative but I did factor in if I lost my job. Well then I could make it for about two months that is paying everything. After that I would be toast. My hope is that I don’t lose my job and that I am able to find something after the 1st of the year that will afford me more money, a better environment and the chance for a promotion with a decent boss who isn’t a total dick. Time will tell on how it works out.
Friday night on the way home I stopped off to pick up my medicine at the pharmacy. Wow a hot looking guy took care of me. He was married or so I believe because I saw a wedding ring. He was kind of nervous and when I gave him a $100 bill he really kind of freaked out. Then it was off to the pet food store. I paid cash there as well. Then home to the kids and unpacking, feeding them and having cheese popcorn and a soda for supper. I was tapped out. Very long day!
Saturday I had to get the mail, go to Target which I learned because of their data breach they were giving everyone 10% off, I went crazy on cat litter, paper towels, soda and I got the portable speaker I wanted. It’s not Bluetooth it’s wired with a 3.5mm connection that plugs in to the ear jack but it works and has a rechargeable battery. I figured for $17 how could I go wrong? Dropped $96 and paid in cash. Packed all that stuff away and then went down the way a bit to eat at a Mexican place. I had an okay meal, service was crappy. I went to pay the bill and there was a line that was getting longer and longer to check out. When out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a guy that I knew. I did a double take and holy crap it was him. A cutey that I have a crush on. I know his name but he doesn’t know me. We used to ride mass transit together. He was with some other people and left to get something from the car. They were right behind me. I stared as long as I could at him, he didn’t give me the time of day. He is married and has a daughter. Yeah, I know isn't that the way. So the people he was with had a little girl. She asked her mommy if she could have some candy. Her mother said no we have that at home. Well that didn’t exactly bring joy to the childs face. I saw what she wanted and it was only $1. I paid my bill, in cash again. Then dropped the extra dollar and got her what she wanted. I handed it to her, said Merry Christmas and dashed out before anyone could realize what happened. I did it because of two reasons. One the guy I liked and Two I have always wanted to do something like that. She was really surprised and started screaming Mommy I got one. I felt all warm inside and like I did something good.
Then I started thinking I am always the nice one. Letting people cut in traffic, holding the door, etc. Where has it got me? Nice guys do finish last. However, I will still probably continue to do all of those things.
Came home and unpacked. Watched TV and eventually took a nap.
Sunday I didn’t go to the grocery store. First time in a while that has happened. Oddly enough I have everything I need to make it through two days of work, plus my time off so there really was no need to visit the store. I did venture out to the Auto Parts store today. I got a couple cans of Heat (you know the stuff in the yellow bottle that removes water from your gas tank and keeps your fuel line from freezing) plus I picked up a jug of Windshield Washer Fluid. Then mailed a couple Christmas cards and came back home. I found two other gallons of Windshield Washer fluid that I didn’t even know I had Looks like I am well stocked for a while. Then I got the bright idea to take out the truck. It hasn’t been moved in near a month and with all of the weather we had I wondered if it would start. It doesn’t really do that well in the winter unless you keep it going. I cranked on it and it took a little bit but it started. I went out for a little ride and then came back home. I will be taking it Christmas day to my friends house. The knob that controls the temperature is fixed so I had heat and it was great. Bring my speaker along and listen to the tunes while I drive. Should be a grand time.
The cable bill arrived in the mail yesterday and I didn’t look at it until late. When I realized that I could see Hours, the last movie that Paul Walker made on Pay Per View. I was really excited about that. It isn’t playing within 250 miles of my house, so I was wondering how exactly I would see it. I watched it today. Very touching and good movie. Lots of things happened that I didn’t expect but in the end Father & Baby survived. It is a shame that Paul isn’t still walking the earth. He was a hot guy and a damn good actor. I loved all of his work!
I have been hanging with the kids for the better part of the day. Laundry and cleaning have happened, but really didn’t need to since next week is so short. I figured why stop the routine. I was going to move my monitor but thought it out and decided against it. I just cleaned my desk and it looks really good now.
Found Don-Jon on Amazon another movie I want to see. Yes it’s because of Joseph Gordon Levitt. He is so H O T. They want like $17 to own the movie. I don’t want to own it I just want to watch it. Chances are pretty good that I will buy it because my flesh is weak. I do have to visit the theater this week to see the Tyler Perry Movie …A Medea Christmas. That has to be a goodie. There is a theater a hop, skip and a jump away from home. So probably on Thursday that is where you will find me.
When I went cat food shopping, I saw this toy. We have one already but it’s a ball inside a plastic circle with cardboard in the middle for scratching. The kids just love it. Well they had them on clearance for $8 so I picked up another one. It’s louder than the one we have but everyone is in love with it. They even included a couple pouches of catnip. That draws them out like there is food in the house. Even shy girl comes running, daddy give me some of that – yeah the powder. I feel like a drug dealer but she just loves it. Seeing them react to catnip makes me think that the human equivalent is rolling around in a bed of money. Lets hope I get a chance to do that someday.
I saw someone online tonight that was just okay looking. However we have a 72% match – lots of things in common. He is younger than me. Doesn’t appear to be a looker. I messaged him, have to wait and see if he responds back. Even if we don’t make a love connection, we could at least become friends. Who knows. On-line dating is kind of scary when you think about it. Your seeing one photo and reading some words but you could be talking to the next Jeffrey Dahmer and not know it. That is why meetings will have to occur in a very public place. When we are done, we just go our separate ways. I was blunt and asked him for a date. I haven’t had any luck thus far and figured it couldn’t hurt anything. The worst he can say is no.
I do believe boss man will be in town tomorrow, even though I didn’t think he would be in. It would be nicer if he were away but as long as he leaves me alone I will be fine. There is plenty for me to do. Plus I figure Monday will be a full day. Tuesday I am expecting to get to leave early. After that I have the rest of the week off and will be happy as long as the blackberry strapped to my hip like a bomb doesn’t go off. Most people are taking off the rest of the week like me. I guess great minds really do think alike.
That is all that was new in my world. Stay warm and be safe. I will talk to you peeps later. Hopefully next time I will have good news on the mortgage. :)
2 comments:
Your financial plan sounds good, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Hey Jeremy,hope your break from work is relaxing and you hear back from the mortgage company. That would help Christmas even better. Stay warm and keep writing. It's always nice to catch up with you!!
Post a Comment