Hey, hope all is well. Last night was a little dramatic for me. Part of my job involves onboarding and offboarding people or in simpler terms turning access on or off. I got a note that someone was leaving in the afternoon and it’s kind of unusual for people to leave the same day the notice is published but it does happen. I got some clarification on timing and was told to turn them off at the end of the day. Well time zones play into this and it was way later here. Still I complied with the request. An hour later when I am starting to wind down my phone starts to go bananas. I see all of these emails from people who are confused and say that this person shouldn’t have been turned off. Then I jumped on a couple calls to get further clarification. This is quite the awkward position to be in and honestly in all of the time I have been doing this I have never been asked to turn someone back on after I have turned them off. However, there is always a first time for everything and I was told to turn them back on. I don’t know how you can confuse Tuesday with Friday but that’s apparently what happened. The person is leaving on Friday. I got them all turned back on and it was a little bit of a scramble. Then I talked with the person and explained things and all was well.
Nothing like having an adrenaline rush while trying to get ready for bed and then ultimately fall asleep. I was so pumped it was crazy but eventually the rush went away I was able to focus on some TV and the cats decided to fight a little bit. I was in bed within my normal window and asleep shortly there after. I didn’t enjoy the confusion and it was quite frustrating. However I can assure you that if I was the one who made the mistake someone would be there to BBQ my ass.
Woke up this morning to no internet. That meant fighting with my desktop computer to connect to my phone (using it as a hotspot). Eventually I got it to work which is more progress than I have ever made before. I was about to head up and grab my laptop which has no issues connecting to my phone. Ah technology when it works as designed it’s great but those times when it doesn’t it’s no so much fun.
Well I wound up exposing myself when my home connection came back to life. My phone reverted back to WIFI instead of staying on a carrier signal and now the logs at work show that I am working from home today, which is a day mandated to be in the office. I’m not calling any attention to it just moving on like I normally do every other Wednesday.
I know it’s only mid-week but I am so out of gas and tired. Last night did me in. Then once I got connected I had a bunch of crap to wade through but finally got a break. I hope that things stay calm but I have a feeling that the calm might be over.
Got a meeting with the boss and then an all hands meeting this afternoon to find out how the company is doing. I am sure that were raking in money hand over fist and all is well. Both of these meetings could probably be summed up in a quick email but some people just like to yap. In case you haven’t figured it out I am not a huge fan of meetings. However, on those rare cases where they are actually productive and you glean some insight they can be quite useful but that only seems to happen once in a blue moon. Most of the meetings I go to are time wasters and quite boring.
In other news, I finished off the pizza last night and was quite full. I ate a bit more than I should. I could have easily made the left overs last another night but was eager to move on. Tonight I have a Burrito to slice into and tackle. I will divide that in half and make two meals out of it. Still working on the Cannoli Chips & Dip as well as a piece of Chocolate Cake left over from last week.
We got a couple pop up storms last evening but they didn’t last long and really caught me off guard. Some other folks weren’t so lucky yesterday a transformer blew and left a lot of people in the dark, not good anytime but especially in the extreme heat. Glad that wasn’t us.
Ho hum I guess it’s back to beating the old drum so off to work I go because I owe, I owe, I owe. Take care of yourself. Stay cool & hydrated. Talk with you all again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment