A lot has changed in 21 years. Momma had her kittens on this hot June day 21 years ago today in the very basement I am in typing this. It was a glorious day and I experienced a peace like nothing I have experienced since that day. That day all was calm and right in the world, or so it felt that way.
I sure do still miss Momma and all of her kids as well as our two strays we took in. They were my world, my family and I’m very proud to say that. I changed the course of everyone’s life that day – mine, my late spouses as well as Momma and her kittens.
Happy heavenly birthday, I hope your all together having fun.
On a different note, welcome in and thanks for dropping by. It’s super hot and humid here. The sun is out and so are the guys. I saw a bunch of shirtless guys this morning, running. I very easily could have had a wreck as I was looking at them.
Made it to my friends shop, chatted a bit. Scheduled a service appointment for my vehicle in a couple weeks. I know that I am a bit early on my oil change but for the price they charge me, it’s smart to change the oil often. Having the tires rotated and balanced as well. I should be able to parlay that into a free lunch with my friend. Again, something to look forward to.
The heat was getting to me so I scooted out of there. I had plans to stop for the mail and cat food but instead opted to come home and see the cats. I needed to use the bathroom and wanted to grab a cold soda. That turned into me getting nearly naked and watching TV. I managed to fall asleep and felt better once I woke up. Passed out lunch for the cats and then came back and watched more TV to pass time.
Early afternoon I got dressed and headed out. I went back to the country, the place I was the other day. Damn I struck gold when it came to timing. I got charged the lunch buffet price but I was there long enough they were changing over to dinner. I ate very, very good. The best meal I have had in a long time. Sloppy Joes, Catfish, Fried Chicken, BBQ Pork, Mashed Potatoes and corn. I was stuffed but figured since I had gone that far I made a trip back for some Peach Cobbler. It was so so, could have been better but the main meal it was on the money. This place is around 60 miles from home and it feels like I will never ever get there but eventually I arrive. Chatted with the waitress a bit and found out that Sunday is actually the pick day they have more comfort food that day. However, every day it’s a good spread. I did look at a menu and they have a few items that look appealing but I can’t not order the buffet.
When I walked in there was a couple sitting in the spot I normally get. I kind of felt like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and wanted to say your in my spot. The guy was super hot but he was all tatted up and that is kind of a turn off for me, still I got a good look at him and took it all in for what it was worth.
Tomorrow is gonna hurt when I go to fill the gas tank. The fuel gauge said that I could go 90 miles before I needed gas. It’s been lower before but not that often. I’m super anal about my fuel level and it was a little uncomfortable to make the trip but I knew for sure I wasn’t going to run out of gas. Plus there is a fail safe when your down to I think it is 25 or 50 miles left a low fuel light and alarm comes on. I’ve only seen that once in the 8 years I have owned this vehicle.
Still never made it for cat food or the post office, those are tomorrow tasks. I needed to use the restroom so I just came straight home. I could go back out but damn it’s so hot out I really don’t want to. Feels nice here in the basement where it’s 70 degrees. It’s 91 degrees outside. Besides that it upsets the cats when I leave. If they had their way I would never ever leave their sides.
I’m off to peruse the internet and watch more TV. Perhaps I can trim some cat claws they sure are sharp. Take care and stay cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment