05 June 2025

Raw-Dogging It

Morning … Hope that everyone is doing well on this Friday eve.  Yesterday evening I reflected back on what an awesome time I had last Wednesday.  From watching the movie to asking the cute guy out who turned out to be straight.  That was the most thrilled/excited/happy I have been in a while.  Shame I can’t bottle that feeling up so I could have a little bit of it every day.  You’d think that hearing the word no would have gotten me down but nope I was just thrilled that I took a shot and even though I didn’t get the results I was expecting I was quite proud of my accomplishment.  It takes some nerve/guts to ask a complete stranger out.  Normally I’d have butterflies in my stomach but not this time.  I was a tiny bit nervous but more interested in the outcome than anything. 

Anyway here we are a week and a day later and I am back to the old grind.  I got a new Windows 11 machine at work.  I finally had time to configure it and get it the way I wanted it yesterday.  I started using it this morning.  I still miss my Windows 10 machine but this is the way things are going so it’s just a matter of getting used to something different, despite not liking it.  I don’t know why but my machine came to me without any protection.  So I was raw-dogging it until this morning when I gave in and put on Anti-Virus protection.  I thought about just keeping it raw but with the amount of crap that I see everyday it would only be a matter of time before something malicious occurred and then I’d have to get another new machine and go through the configuration steps all over again.  I’m not the normal user as we don’t let just anyone configure their machine.  It’s one of the minor perks and professional courtesy's that I get.  Now I the only thing I have left to worry about it getting my laptop swapped out in the office.  Yes, I have two machines 1 virtual so that I can work from home and 1 laptop.  I should carry the laptop home and make it my primary machine as that is what the rest of my team does but I hate lugging a piece of equipment back and forth, plus the laptop is a small form factor and it’s nice if your moving around the office but to sit at a desk or anywhere and plug away for hours on end from a tiny screen, no thanks.  I’ve got a docking station in my office so that the experience is more like a desktop than a laptop with 2 monitors, it’s kind of nice.  I was supposed to get new monitors over a year ago but that never happened and I could honestly care less.  Especially considering that I spend the bulk of my time at home. 

The rain moved in last night and it poured all night long.  I watched as my neighbors gutter overflowed as I looked at mine, all clean and wide open flowing normally.  I know mine won’t stay that way forever but it’s nice to see while it lasts.  I got the chicken wire guards on but stuff manages to sneak past them.  No matter what kind of gutter guards you have there is some maintenance required, at least that is my understanding.  Guess that is why my mind is always in the gutter.  Yeah I know poor attempt at humor but I liked it!

Finished off the pizza from Sunday yesterday for supper.  Tonight I will be forced to open the freezer and fetch something frozen.  I’ve been eating pretty good for a while but just like going back to work, all good things must come to an end.  At least the weekend is in sight so I can dine out and get some better food (not necessarily healthier or better for me) than frozen.

I wracked my brain yesterday looking over my Google Chrome settings as to why it doesn’t permit me to login to the Adult Content Blogs and if it will permit me to login it won’t permit me to comment.  I really wanted to hit the reset to default button but I’ve got so many adjustments in Chrome that it would take longer to reconfigure.  My work around appears to be to use Duck Duck Go’s Browser, so far nothing but good luck with that.  I hate the Google makes you push so many buttons now to get into an Adult content blog, I understand the need for safety but it’s way more complicated than it needs to be.  However, that old saying you get what you pay for applies – it’s free so I suppose I shouldn’t complain.  But I just did :). 

Thursday’s are usually calmer days so I am hoping that is true today.  Thus far it is but it’s still very early in the day.  I hope that all is well in your world and that life is treating you well.  Not sure about you but I am very much looking forward to the weekend.  Take care!

No comments: