06 June 2025

Chill Friday

Today has started out pretty chill.  Yesterday afternoon was a little busy.  One of my colleagues tried to rope me into a cluster that he was dealing with.  I provided some advice and tried to head off the chaos that would ensue but I was unsuccessful.  I am just sitting back and letting that situation play out.  If I am needed I know that someone will reach out but I am hopeful that it will get worked out without any further involvement from me. Chaos and Clusters tend to follow this particular co-worker around.  He means well but isn’t the most articulate person in the world and that leads to frustration.  He always seems to lob something my way when I am on-call and I have gotten involved before to where the situation winds up back firing on me when I was just trying to help.  Ah well it all pays the same but I’d just as soon avoid those bumps in the road. 

I was all excited to go upstairs yesterday afternoon but then remembered that I had to get the trash out.  That was such a bummer but I took care of it.  I honestly didn’t have much and could have skipped trash day but since I am paying for it, no sense in letting my money go to waste.  So to speak. 

Rudy got hungry and wanted an early supper which I provided and he enjoyed.  Then quickly forgot about. 

The cute twink we hired a few weeks ago reached out and needed some help.  I did my and helped him.  It was in moving some data around and I didn’t realize that there was so much of it.  It took me an hour and a half.  It was like watching paint dry but I kept an eye on the screen to make sure that everything went smoothly.  Meanwhile it was Rudy’s normal time for supper and he and his sister were both bugging me.  I reminded them both that I passed out supper already but they didn’t want to hear that.  I knew what would satisfy them but I wasn’t about to move until the data transfer was done and I confirmed that it was a success.  Each time the Microsoft Minute counter would get close to being done it would ramp back up and spit out a new estimate that was anywhere from several minutes to hours later.  I’d watch it and it would repeat this over and over, until finally it completed.  I wrote the cute twink back and told him that the job was done. 

I got a thank you response back but by then I had shut down my computer and passed out treats which pacified the cats as I had expected it would.  A rainy and gloomy evening.  I kind of got tired of TV and went back to writing for an hour.  It is really nice to be able to not hear a sound and just escape into a fantasy world if only for an hour.  Something about that is relaxing, refreshing and really gets my hormones moving. 

Once my writing time ended, I got ready for today and had a shower.  Then playtime with the cats and finally time to relax and drift off to sleep. 

I didn’t sleep the best and it’s kind of been that way all week.  I think it’s because of the heavy comforter I have.  I get hot and then I wake up, usually to find that I am sharing my bed with the two cats and I am in some contorted position that is not comfortable.  I am going to put that comforter away this weekend and see if it helps me stay asleep.  It won’t keep the cats out of bed with me.  Rudy honestly is no problem because he’s small, it’s Mora because she is thicker she loves to stretch out and take up as much room as possible.  I mean I call her Mora because she always needs more of this and more of that.  Here is hoping that I am successful and that I can go back to getting a decent nights sleep and who knows maybe some better dreams. 

I am very much looking forward to my massage tonight.  That will be the best way to cap off the day, especially if things stay chill.  I’ve plowed through my morning tasks that were on my calendar.  Now just have to wait for a meeting a bit later on this morning.  Then after lunch my calendar is wide open.  I am hoping there won’t be any surprises today or stress but I see that cluster I was speaking of from yesterday starting to reignite.  I am guessing that I will be roped into that again. 

I hope it’s a great day for you and that you have an awesome weekend.  I will certainly try my best to do the same for the weekend.  Thank you for stopping by.  Take care.

No comments: