Morning and Happy Friday! Temperatures are predicted to drop a little bit here so we get a little bit of rain and some what of a cool off, although it will still be hot out just not as hot as it’s been.
Spoke with bossman yesterday and he knows the details on my pay raise but said that he’s not authorized to tell me just yet. He did share that he was able to get the max for me, which is something I hear every year. I take that line with a grain of salt but once I hear numbers I know if it was a truthful statement or a lie. He didn’t share what date he could tell me and I didn’t press on that. Hind sight being 20/20 I wish I would have. Otherwise our conversation was as it usually is a waste of time.
I was able to take a little bit of a break yesterday before I finished up the day. The cats were happy that we were all in the same room. Rudy bugged me early for food and I gave in. Mora did the same thing with treats and I also gave in. Then they both passed out like logs I had a couple hours of peace and quiet to myself.
I napped at lunch a bit too long because it interrupted my sleep and I was up early this morning. Also had some very strange dreams. Glad that I woke up and am back to reality now.
Enjoyed a decent breakfast with some Cinnamon Chex, a banana and a donut. Might not be 100% healthy but sure was delicious. Cats were a little calmer this morning than usual.
Got my massage this evening and my muscles have calmed down but I do feel some knots. I hope that we can get those worked out and bring total calm to my back, if only for a couple days.
I have a haircut booked for tomorrow morning. Thinking about making the trek to the office. I powered off my laptop last time I was there and didn’t realize it. Plus it’s about time to flip the calendar over to July. Otherwise I really don’t have a reason to go in. I might talk myself out of it but probably not. They are having a pizza party today as if pizza was enough to lure me in. Add in some male strippers and I’d be there but that will never happen. Good for a laugh though.
Still thinking about the buffet and the BBQ I had last week that was so good. I want to make a trip back this weekend but I am on call. If something came up while I was out I would be sunk but I might take the risk. If not I am sure that I will find some place to visit locally and lord knows I won’t go hungry!
I hope you have a great weekend that the weather is nice in your neck of the woods and you can relax and unwind. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment