Sunday was a normal day, getting up early going to breakfast, grocery store, etc. Came home found that Mora had gotten sick a couple times and worst of all she wasn’t done yet. Finally that all settled down and I cleaned up after her. Both cats got a morning cuddle session and we all took a nap together. I put my medicine out, we had lunch. I cleaned the house.
It was my annual license plate washing, each year before I put the new sticker on I remove my rear license plate and get the old sticker off. Then wash it with soap and water and dry it off. Then let it sit for a bit to continue air drying. While it was finishing drying I went and cleaned the inside of the vehicle, which is nothing more than spraying the appropriate protectant on the various surfaces. Inside of my vehicle smelled great after that and I was sweating a bit. Returned inside to apply the new sticker. I use a razor blade to draw an X through the sticker to combat sticker theft, which is a real thing. Then I put the plate back on and closed up the vehicle, returned inside to cool off and relax.
Decided that I wanted to go back to the place where I saw the cute guy a few weeks back on my vacation. I knew he wouldn’t be working but I really wanted some food from there. I looked over the menu on line and it was a toss up between Nachos or Sunday Fried Chicken. I asked for the Fried Chicken but since they wouldn’t let me get the specific piece of chicken (I like legs) I wanted I chose the Nachos. That was a poor choice because they were extra salty and the service wasn’t the greatest. I saw a cute guy dining with his family and got a look at him when they left.
Had a brief time in the basement to play with the computer and grab my finished laundry from Friday, I finally took it up and put it away. Then spent the rest of the time upstairs with the cats, watching TV and entertaining them.
Oh yeah most important of all I put that comforter away on Saturday and I have slept really good ever since. Rudy has woken me up a few times early looking for food but outside of that it’s been comfy and nice.
Monday well it’s that time again back to the job. I peeked ahead on the calendar and saw that my boss has some time off so I took a couple of the same days he is out off, it will give me an extended Independence Day weekend plus it will get me out of running a meeting that he always wants me to run when he’s out. Trust me when I say I can use the time away even if it’s only 2 days. The boss will still be out when I come back, which is nice. Plus I’ve got something else to look forward to in the future. Thinking about waiting until September for vacation just seems like a long way off. Who knows I might take some time in August too.
I’ve been working away this morning. Took a break after doing a solid 3 hours worth of work. Of course I didn’t want to come back and laid down for a bit and as per usual my phone after about 30 minutes brought me back but only for a short time. Then I broke for lunch and felt guilty for some strange reason so I came back early to knock out one last task.
My calendar is clear. I’ve tried to customize Outlook but wound up screwing things up more than I wanted to. I had to start with a default out of the box view again and then get things back to the way I wanted them. I don’t like the fact the search bar is at the top of the screen and I want it below like it was in previous versions of Outlook. I found a solution on-line and followed the directions a couple of times but it didn’t work so I finally just walked away before I did more damage. This of course is all on my work machine. Computers are great sometimes and other times not so much.
It’s a very sunny day outside and tomorrow should be the same before we go back to all rain. I’ve got plans that I am looking forward to on Saturday. The rain might actual help but like everyone else on the planet the weather is the one thing we can’t control, so we shall see how things shake out.
There you have it a combination post of two days. Not really that exciting. I am hoping for a peaceful week and am thankful that I am no longer on-call. I think back to last Monday and the hell I went through playing catchup, so glad that is over. I hope all is well in your world and that it’s a nice day for you. Take care and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment