With this being my last day of vacation for this round, I opted to use a gift card that I got for my birthday. I went to my favorite Italian restaurant and enjoyed Spaghetti & a large Meatball. Didn’t know it but they get $4.50 for a glass of soda (unlimited refills). That’s kind of pricy. Had I realized that I would have asked for a drink to go. I got great service and went around 2p when I knew they wouldn’t be busy. This was a hell of a good lupper (that’s lunch & supper). I took advantage of their take home pasta order and got another round of Spaghetti & Meatball. I can easily make 2 meals out of that. I also got a piece of Chocolate Cake to go. I’ve already dived into the cake and damn let me tell you it’s the absolute best! It was a $10 slice and it’s large. I just nibbled a bit and saved the rest. It would pair nicely with a glass of cold milk of which I have none!
Filled up the tank and got a car wash. Not sure what this placed used but my garage smells like onions and I noticed it when I got out. It was a gas station/car wash so not the best wash but better than nothing. There is rain in the forecast on Sunday, par for the course as soon as I wash it, the rain comes.
Noticed that one of my neighbors that just got a new roof also elected to put solar panels on their house. They aren’t the only home in our subdivision that has done that. If one of those Solar Panels gets damaged it’s not cheap to replace it, then again I am sure they sunk some money in going solar to start with. Call me old fashion but I’d rather stay on the grid electric & gas. Would be nice to have a natural gas powered generator like my friends have but power outages here are rare. I say that and now watch one will happen. If one does crop up it’s usually a couple hours and were back in business. My friends have had to go days without power and they lost a bunch of food, hence why they put in a generator.
The friend I had lunch with earlier this week told me about a boot puller so I ordered one. It arrived today. I plan on trying it out tomorrow when I put my boots on for a second time. I will use this as my final time to decide if I am keeping them or sending them back.
Sadly this is time change weekend so we will loose an hour. That will probably be music to Rudy’s ears. He was eager to get me out of bed this morning. Trash truck did him a helping favor and I was up at 7a to pass out breakfast for them. The house was cold so I went back to bed. Had some strange dreams. Woke up with both cats in bed. I turned on the heat and came back to bed. Hopefully this is the last time I have to adjust the climate and Mother Nature will make up her mind if it’s Summer or Fall/Winter.
Peeked at work email and damn I have over 400 emails. Found out that I can stay home next week since I am on-call. The one vendor that was coming out made it today instead of next week and someone else took care of them.
I had big plans for today making it to the Pet Food Store and wanted to make a Target run. However, the only thing I really need at Target would be pet treats and I can get them at the Pet Food Store. Looks like that task will wait for tomorrow. Probably going for Mexican food that sounds really good. Then perhaps some Pizza where the hot straight guy works, it’s a little bit of a haul but being able to see him is totally worth it for me.
Did something today that I’ll bet most people don’t do. Checked the tire pressure in my spare tire. It requires 60 PSI and says right on the tire it’s self to inflate it. I’ve never used it but figured that I would inflate it now just in case. I also want to see what it does to my gas mileage, which has been really good and that’s uncommon for an SUV. If gas mileage suffers (as I suspect it will) I will gladly let some air out of the spare. I carry a small tire compressor with me anyway so not like it would be a big deal to inflate if I was on the side of the road, it would just take time.
Really wanted to watch some porn tonight and have a good time but I am honestly too tired. I wrecked my neck from my fridge cleaning on the floor a couple days ago and it’s just starting to heal. I’ve been sore. I notice it most when I am in front of the computer or am watching TV for long periods of time. Glad I have a massage booked for next Friday that will be so enjoyable.
Two more weeks and I will be back on vacation again for another week. That is my last full week that I have scheduled. There are two more weeks that I am hanging on to and will carry over. I like to keep that in reserve just in case I get sick or something unexpected pops up. My employer will front up to 80 hours if you don’t have it but if you separate you have to pay it back. I like being in a position where I take care of myself and if I separate I don’t owe them, they owe me. I don’t expect that I will separate but then again neither does anyone until it happens. Kind of why I don’t want to jump back into car payments. I love owning a vehicle outright and being able to save the money I would make in a car payment.
Enough rambling time for bed. Hope you had a great Friday and the weekend ahead is awesome for you. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment