All that work I did on the dryer vent caught up with me on Sunday. I was really sore. My legs and back. The only comfortable position was either sitting or laying down. Needless to say I made it to breakfast and the grocery store. Those were my only stops and I stayed upstairs all day long. Spent the day in my room with a heating pad. I also took a nap after my usual morning TV. The cats stuck by me all day.
They got lunch and I ate some junk food before I put out my pills for the week. Then it was back to my room to the heating pad. I did a little bit of scrambling to find something to watch but kept myself entertained. I also enjoyed not being chained to my phone. It spent the bulk of the day in the living room which is where I placed it after I returned home from the grocery store.
I’ve been craving donuts and made sure to grab 6 of them, mostly jelly because they are my favorites. Something about the Raspberry jelly just hits the spot regardless if it’s warm or cold. Also saw that the frozen grilled cheese that the other store I visit on occasion is getting rid of is now stocked at my regular store. That was a nice find. My freezer is quite full so I didn’t buy any but I am having one for lunch. I was planning on eating them slowly but now that they are a regular thing I will be enjoying them more on the regular.
I really hated coming back to work this morning. There was plenty to catchup on but thankfully that is all done or so I think. I’m on-call but this is traditionally a slow and calm week also a lot of people take this entire week off. My boss just called to tell me that I will be getting a bonus on my next check. He submitted for a large amount but only got approved for half of it. Hey, something is better than nothing. I was starting to think he forgot about me. Kind of wish that I was off this week as well. I’ve certainly got the time but being on-call is what kind of throws a wrench in the mix. I’ll push through this.
I got in a small amount of play time last night with the cats only because they begged. They weren’t happy that it didn’t last terribly long but I told them I hurt and needed to get off my feet. I put out some cat nip to help make up for it. That seemed to cheer them up.
My porn backup finished on Saturday it was in the verifying state. It gave me a ridiculous estimate as to when it would be finished with the verify process, 29 days. Yeah it only took two to backup. Well, this morning I checked and it’s done. Got that all tucked safely away.
Worked until I got to a good stopping point. Both of my machines needed to be rebooted, so I did that and then stepped away for a bathroom break. Also said hi to both cats who were eagerly waiting for me at the top of the stairs. I brought them back their fish toys, which I had to bend over to pickup. Yeah that hurt but I told them they would get them back today. I keep my word as much as possible regardless if it’s to a cat or a person.
I’m still battling a sore left side. The doc said that it was chest wall pain. Whatever that means. I just want it to go away. I had chalked it up to Rudy walking on me and making biscuits. Both of my sides have been slightly sore for months but this one is way worse. The right side doesn’t hurt at all. Planning on using my heating pad on that to see if I can get it to ease up or just go away.
I am super horny but don’t know if I have it in me to work on that. I just keep telling myself it’s going to feel extra special good when it finally happens. Here’s hoping that is sooner rather than later.
Started watching Cruel Intentions a new series on Prime. It’s based off of the movie but in a series format. There is both straight and gay sex in it which is part of why I am watching. There are a lot of cute guys. It’s about 8 hours (give or take) with there being 8 episodes in the series and they average between 45 and 50 minutes. I am sure that I will be done with it soon given that it’s going to be a long weekend.
Sadly, Saturday I will have to go cat food shopping again. I won’t be looking forward to it given that all of the holiday shoppers will be out. No word yet on when Dinner is on Thursday. I am sure that my friends aren’t terribly eager to celebrate the holiday after losing so many cats but life as they say goes on. As far as I know dinner is still on so I am just waiting to hear a time. It’s supposed to turn really cold this week. So much for a short sleeve funny thanksgiving t-shirt. I will wear it anyway and bring a coat along. I didn’t buy it to have it sit in my closet.
Enough rambling from me. Hope that all is well on your end. It’s about time to wrap for lunch and go microwave that frozen grilled cheese. I hope it’s a great day for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment