13 November 2024

Home

Good morning!  Rudy tried waking me at 6a but I told him that we still had an hour to go I was staying home.  I reminded him of that last night but I guess his mind was on playing.  I woke up to find only Rudy in my room which isn’t terribly odd but it doesn’t happen often.  I found Mora sitting on the couch in her bed.  I passed out breakfast and she didn’t move despite the fact that I called her numerous times.  Not sure if she wasn’t feeling well or stocked up on dry food before I got up. 

At any rate when I went to my room to get dressed she came in and jumped up on the bed.  She had to have her belly rubbed.  I gave her plenty of attention.  I brushed her the other night and got gobs of fur off of her.  I think she is the reason why her and her brother have a fur ball problem, since cats bathe each other. 

The backdoor camera went off this morning as it has been for the last couple days.  It’s normally a squirrel.  Not this morning it was a full grown buck deer.  You normally don’t see them just strolling through backyards during the day, at least I don’t.  Especially in a well populated subdivision.  Normally they are out in the early morning. 

I got in some napping yesterday.  Each time I woke up to a bunch of mail on my phone from work.  Thankfully I really technically only missed 1 piece of mail that was for me, the rest of it was junk.  I am trying to not fall into that trap again today.  However, when things get quiet and there is absolutely nothing to do it what my body does.  Too bad I can’t get it to shutdown on those nights when my insomnia flairs. 

Work this week has been a walk in the park with hardly much to do and that’s largely because I am not on-call and have all of my regular work done.  I am already in vacation mode despite it not starting until work ends on Friday.  I am more than anxious to tell everyone in our meeting today that I will be out next week.  That’s when things will probably go nuts.  I know that coming back will not be any fun and being on-call will only add to the mayhem.  However, right now my focus is on getting away and tuning out and away from work.  This is my last full week of vacation for this year that I plan to take and I am hoping to enjoy it.  Stressful season of the end of the year and then starting the new year with my mistake making colleague out on paternity leave will put lots of pressure on me.  Since I know what’s coming right now I plan to make the best of it and relax as much and as often as I can. 

Hot Frosty is out today on Netflix and I plan to watch it tonight.  I am a huge Dustin Milligan fan and his body looks really nice too.  That of course is the whole point of me watching.  I hope that it will be an enjoyable movie.  I’ve been looking forward to it. 

Here’s hoping that it’s another quiet and fast moving day.  I do have one meeting and since the boss has been gone for a few days I know that he will be blabbering on (because he loves to hear the sound of his own voice) so I have to get through that.  It’s times like that I wish I loved to drink but sadly I will be stone cold sober, just doesn’t mean I will be paying full attention though. 

Have a great day!

No comments: