08 November 2024

Sleep Interruption

Not exactly sure why but I had another night where I was awake for a few hours.  One thing that I have noticed time and time again is that the cats seem to sleep better (as in more soundly) when I am awake.  I suppose they think that I am standing guard so they can relax.  However, let there be the slightest noise and they both perk right up.  I really enjoy watching a cat sleep it’s relaxing as well as cute.  However, that didn’t lull me back to sleep last night.  What did it for me is when I climbed back in bed and both of them were close to me and snuggling.  Mora turned on her motor and Rudy let me hold his paw.  I got about 10 minutes of that and then Mora got up and left.  After that it was lights out and I was gone. 

As per usual I thought for sure that I would be super groggy and sluggish when I woke up this morning and had to start the day.  However, it started a little slow but by the time I was making breakfast I felt fine.  I still feel fine and I’ve gone through my morning tasks.  Boss is on vacation for a couple days. 

Yesterday was grueling – just a super busy and very long day.  I got hit with something at 5p and it was closer to 6p when I was free.  The cats bugged me a little bit but when they saw that I wasn’t moving and I was working as well as talking on the phone they behaved themselves but sat and stared at me.  Once I was able to break free I took care of the cats and they were so happy. 

The battle of what to watch on TV took place again and I was skipping around on YouTube.  Eventually wind down time came around.  Just as I walked into the bathroom and turned on the lights I heard my phone go off.  I had to stop and take care of something for work.  Thankfully it was quick.  Then I got to shower and deal with Rudy.  He wanted to play so bad and I hated to tell him no but I just didn’t have it in me.  I found some talky program and that helped to lull me into a sleepy phase.  I turned off the lights and hoped that I would sleep all night, obviously that didn’t happen. 

I hope that today is a MUCH slower day, thus far it appears that I am getting my wish.  However, that can change in the blink of an eye so I have to stay watchful.  I am looking forward to getting a massage this evening.  My back is wrecked and I long for some HEAT from rocks and towels as well as getting the knots worked out, despite that being a little painful. 

We have rain in the forecast for tomorrow not as if we need it.  There is still plenty of flooding in the area.  If that happens it will help keep me in a lazy mood and rotting at home.  I will have to likely force myself to get out just to grab the mail and a bite to eat.  I don’t really have any other real reasons to get out.  Sunday unless I talk myself out of it I plan to make the trip to have pizza and hopefully stare at a hot cute straight waiter that I have a crush on.  Hopefully it’s a nice relaxing weekend with no stress or drama. 

It’s been a long week for a lot of people so if your one of us, I hope that the weekend will be most excellent and give you a chance to relax and recharge. 

Thanks for stopping by, ciao for now!

No comments: