06 November 2024

Shock & Disbelief

Watching the elections numbers off and on last night, I felt uneasy.  However, I told myself it’s early and things can change.  As time went on and I checked just before bed I had the sinking feeling that Mr. Trump would win.  Sure enough I woke up at 1a and turned on the TV to find out that it wasn’t a nightmare it was reality.  I can’t believe that so many people voted for him, look at how he fucked things up for us the first time around.  What do you think he is going to do this time? It won’t be any better. 

I honestly never thought we would be where we are this morning.  However, I think that a couple things played into this (just my opinion, for what it’s worth).  #1 Trump got an endorsement by Joe Rogan on his podcast and that probably swayed a lot of the “younger” voters.  #2 There are a lot of prejudice people and they think that either women or a black women wasn’t competent to do the job. 

All we can do now is hope and pray for the best.  Meanwhile fasten your seatbelts and put on your oxygen mask as I suspect it will be a very bumpy ride. 

I am honestly very concerned and worried about how this is going to impact not only me but the country as a whole.  As I tried to fall back to sleep last night I kept telling myself it’s out of your control so stop worrying.  However, those words never do any good to get me back to sleep or bring me any comfort.  I am not exactly sure how I am functioning this morning but at the moment I am. 

I suppose at the moment all we can do is carry on.

No comments: