Made it to the doctor and got stuck twice because the lab tech didn’t listen to me when I told her that my veins roll. Good news is that my A1C fell a bit to 5.8. I know that he will be pleased to see those results and frankly I am surprised and astonished because I’ve not changed how or what I eat. Guess the medicine is working better.
I’ve got my Colo guard box ordered so just waiting on that to show up. The doc ordered me some antibiotic cream for the rash on my neck to see if that fixes anything. He sent it to the mail order pharmacy instead of the local pharmacy so I have to wait a bit for it. Of course now my neck is itching and I am trying not to scratch.
Talked myself out of visiting the restaurant I had in mind for lunch. It was just too early and I honestly wasn’t ready to eat just yet. Instead I came home and waited a few hours. Dashed to Olive Garden. Had Lasagna Fritta because Nick Smith loves it and I was curious. It’s just deep fried cheese topped with a rich red sauce sitting in a bit of alfredo sauce. Not bad but not something I would order again. In addition to that I had several bowls of soup (Pasta Faggioli) which is always good. As with most meals I could taste the salt. I hate salt and the taste of it but everyone thinks it adds flavor. A pinch might but it’s over used in my opinion.
Looking forward to lunch with my friend tomorrow. I’ve got a couple automobile questions that I would like answers to. Perhaps he can help me out because they are both cosmetic problems.
Finally got my new backup drive connected. Using Acronis True Image to back up the files. It compresses the files into a proprietary format, which is fine by me. Perhaps that will help save space. I’ll only know when it’s done and that probably won’t be for a few days or early next week. Glad that I rebooted before I started this, nothing like flushing the cob webs out.
A little depressed because it feels like time is slipping away from me but I know I’ve still got 3 full days. I’ve peeked at my email and there is a lot that has gone on this week, good thing I was out. That just seems to be inherent when I am out. I am trying my best to lap up the goodness and enjoy the downtime. Monday sadly will be here all too early and as you might imagine I am not looking forward to it.
The cats sure enjoy me spending more time with them. I think if they had anything to say about it I would be doing that full time and none of this working business. Which is fine but need a way to pay the bills because they aren’t going to stop coming anytime soon.
I really spent the money while I was off. I’m a little concerned I went hog wild but then again I have a nice nest egg and I am not stressed about paying for it. I am stressed that I might have to dip into savings to pay for things. If so it shouldn’t be a whole lot. I am all about tucking away every last penny that I can.
Speaking of which the lawn people came yesterday. They just got rid of the leaves on the lawn. We had a nice wind storm today and guess what, they are all back. I will be glad when they decide to say it’s end of season because at this point frankly it’s a waste of my money.
I’ve got a few tasks to take care of but just not hip to getting them done right now. Still in that I’ll do that tomorrow mode. Almost forgot to take out the trash. Right now I’m going to publish this and head up to be with the cats and see what I can find on TV. I can stay up as late as I want or as late as they will let me. Here’s hoping it’s another good night and I can find some good things to watch.
Stay warm and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment