11 June 2024

Great Idea

Morning & Happy Tuesday!  Well looks like we survived another Monday.  Mine wasn’t horrible but it’s just the idea of getting back to the normal grind that I dislike.  Now that I am in the thick of it (so to speak) it’s not terrible but I know if I had an unlimited money supply I could find better things to occupy my time. 

My idea to get a dinner to do from the BBQ place was a great one.  I really enjoyed supper last night.  Rudy got to lick some of the garlic from the bread on my hands and he was pretty happy about that.  I was stuffed for a while and didn’t eat anything more than what I would get in the restaurant.  I did drink less which probably helped. 

Called a place yesterday for an estimate on gutter cleaning.  I was surprised they called me back just as I sat down to eat.  Thankfully the call went straight to voice mail since they aren’t in my contacts.  I need to call them back but figured since it was so close to 5p that I might as well wait until today.  I don’t want to do the work much less try to lug the ladder around it’s just not worth the potential risk of injury.  I know I would get a sense of satisfaction of doing the job myself but I’ve never really enjoyed manual labor.  Here’s hoping they don’t ask for an arm and a leg. 

Watched some deleted scenes from Ms. Doubtfire, they showed up in my YouTube feed and while they were enjoyable I didn’t laugh.  That was a blast from the past.  Finished watching That 90’s show on Netflix.  I was kind of out of energy by the evening.  Needless to say when I finally did turn in for the evening it didn’t take long at all to fall asleep. 

Rudy tried to wake me at 6a I guess he was hungry or thought that it was a normal Tuesday where I was supposed to be up so I could make it in the office.  However, I tell him each night what time to make the biscuits.  He doesn’t always listen but for the most part he gets it right.  I’ve been watching my fair share of funny cat videos on You Tube and some of those get their attention. 

Funny thing last night Mora and I watched Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.  She sat in bed and stared right at the TV, I just happened to catch her.  Somethings peak her interest.  Rudy watched a little TV now and then but Mora is much more attentive.  Put a bird making some noise on the screen and you’ll get both of their attention as they watch, stalk and eventually attack the TV.  I learned that earlier this year and it was lots of fun until they tried to knock the TV over. 

The sun is out and the heat is supposed to be rising.  It’s just nice to look out and see sunshine kind of brightens the day.  Work currently is the Q word and I’ve got 2 meetings today.  I don’t think the odds are in my favor that I will be able to go all day and just attend those without anything else coming my way but I’ve got some small hope that is how it will turn out. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great day for all of us.  Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: