25 June 2024

Clean Break

I had a difficult nights sleep and come Monday morning when I got up, I felt lousy.  Muscle cramps in my legs and just wanted to go back to bed.  That’s the luxury of working someplace for a long time, I just picked up my phone sent a quick email and made a clean break for the day.  Powered the phone off.

I took a muscle relaxer after feeding the cats and came back to bed.  Then watched TV for a little bit and then it was lights out.  I slept the bulk of the day away but damn it felt so good.  Watched TV when I was awake.  By supper time I was wide awake.  I just watched TV. 

Only left my room to use the bathroom and/or get food from the kitchen.  The cats were not terribly happy but were supportive.  They napped with me. 

I took a little extra sleeping medicine last night and I had some moments where I was awake but they didn’t last long.  Rudy had me up at 6:30a and I just bided my time until it was closer to 7a and then I got up. 

I really didn’t want to come back today and wanted to take an additional day but hell I’d just sleep that away too so might as well be productive.  I didn’t miss hardly anything for being out a full day and am already caught up.  Powered up my phone and watched it light up like a Christmas tree with notifications and emails.  Felt kind of nice to break away from it for a whole day.  I kept wondering what I was missing but looks like it wasn’t much of anything. 

Were in an excessive heat warning today and then were supposed to have some severe thunderstorms later tonight to help cool things off a bit.  Hopefully, it’s nothing that wakes me up.  I’m only going in tomorrow to say a final goodbye to a friend that is leaving.  Otherwise I’d stay home given the extreme weather. 

There isn’t much going on at the moment and by my calendar tomorrow looks to be quite a boring day but of course we have one meeting on the books.

I hope that your staying well hydrated and cool as summer temperatures rage on outside.  Take care!

No comments: