Saturday was a TV viewing day. I saw a lot of different things. The most incredible was Fallen Idols Nick & Aaron Carter, a documentary about the brothers. The sexual abuse allegations against Nick by various women and Aaron coming to the defense of a couple of the women. There is pending litigation between Nick and his accusers as of last month when the program aired. To my knowledge he hasn’t been found guilty criminally but the civil suits are on-going. The documentary is on MAX (aka HBO).
Brothers are supposed to be there for each other and get along. That’s kind of how things started for Nick & Aaron. Then fame hit Nick and he is part of The Backstreet Boys. Aaron’s mom thrusted him into the entertainment industry and he got a singing gig through all people Lou Perlman, who already had sexual abuse allegations against him. However, Aaron’s mom apparently didn’t give any credit to that. She just saw dollar signs from the way the documentary is worded. It wasn’t long after that the feud started between the two brothers. Sure brothers as do any siblings have arguments and disagreements, when the dust settles at the end of the day blood is thicker than water.
However, things continued to escalate over time between the brothers, their parents divorce had an effect on both of them and I think that’s something that no kid wants to see or be in the middle of as there is psychological damage. Drugs including but not limited to Alcohol as well as other substances came into the picture as an easy way to escape every day life. The drugs wear off and your thrusted back into reality.
Things just spiraled way out of control, eventually is was Nick vs Aaron and that would be a feud that would never really be settled between the two. Aaron had an on-line troll/bully between that, social media & comments from haters, the drama it all pushed him over the edge.
Aaron’s death was ruled an accident but based on the toxicology it’s easy to read more into it and see that it was more of a suicide than anything. The poor kid had no escape and just wanted to be free and live in peace – he took the only escape he could and checked out. That’s my opinion and not what the documentary says.
I grew up listening to both The Backstreet Boys, Nick Carter and Aaron Carter. They made some great hits that I still enjoy to this day. I remember hearing when Aaron Carter was found dead and it broke my heart. He just had a kid and now that kid has to grow up without his father. The only memories he will have are through pictures and videos.
The whole situation is just plain sad. The Carter family was pretty large and the brothers had I want to say 3 sisters and I believe at least 2 of them are dead as well, not related to the feud between the boys.
I say all of that to say that I’ve seen relationships between Brothers actually work and function like they are supposed to. However, my experience with my own brother is that of disfunction. So I get how they couldn’t manage to get along. Sometimes you just got to leave toxic people for your own sanity & well being.
Rest in Peace Aaron Carter!
No comments:
Post a Comment