From Spring back to Winter. We had a frost advisory in effect over night and I had to turn the furnace back on. Goofy weather, I hate flip flopping temperatures because you never know what you will be comfortable wearing and it seems to make a lot of people sick.
As per usual I spent the day holed up in the house. I was exhausted from the past week and really just didn’t want to do anything. I talked myself into going out for Chinese food. I drove all the way there and of course just like last time they were fucking closed. I guess I won’t be getting any Chinese food anytime soon. I drove back towards home and stopped in a local Mexican place I like. I had bad service but the food was good. The place was started to get crowded about the time I was finished, there were so many people in such a tight space I had to leave and couldn’t do it fast enough.
Once I was out, I grabbed the mail and then headed home. Fed the children [the children are my cats] and then went back out for cat food. The store wasn’t well stocked like it usually is, not sure if I would have had better luck coming earlier in the day, it’s just a crap shoot you never know how things will be until you walk in the door. So the kids are happy and thought they deserved a 2nd supper when I came home but that didn’t happen. They got 3 meals today and I barley had 1.
It was nice to relax and not think about anything in particular, I did a lot of day dreaming which is always fun. I saw a Def Leppard concert when they were in Detroit and it was on AXS. I had recorded it within the the past couple days. I don’t know all of their music but am familiar with the hits. What I couldn’t figure out is the guitars seemed to change like they had an overlay on them. One was a paint splatter color for 1 song. The next song it was bright blue. Neat but I’d like to know how they did that.
Got in time with Gator and time with Marvin. Momma’s time is coming. Everyone seems to be doing okay just starved for attention they can’t get enough of me. That makes me feel good because they seem to be the only ones that can’t get enough of me.
I’ve been turning my cell phone off at night and it’s nice going to bed knowing that I won’t get woken up. I keep on thinking that something bad will happen with a friend or my brother and someone will need to reach out to me but I won’t be around to answer the call. So it’s semi-nerve wracking. However, I have to do what is best for me. I at least unforwarded my home phone so I know that if my brother needed me he would be able to reach me. Friends also have the number but these days the hip thing is to reach people on their cell phones. Speaking of which I did look at up grading but the cost is sky high. I get that it’s a computer in my pocket but I don’t get why the price tag is as high as it is. I miss the days of carrier subsidized phones.
Talking about new, I looked and seriously considered trading vehicles within the next couple weeks. I did the math tonight and it’s in my best interest to keep what I have and be happy, at least for now. Maybe when it comes to be end of season things may be better but I kind of doubt it. The part that kills me is my ride is valued at $25,390 and of course I owe more than that. So there would be a carry over on top of a new vehicle. Not having exact numbers but I figured that if I traded and got the trade value, plus around $500 for the extended warranty I took out back, figure in the cost of a new ride along with the balance my payments would be close if not slightly above where they are now. That is based on a similar interest rate and term. Now I am sure that in reality if this all played out it could be a close call. I looked at SUV’s of equal and lesser value. The funny thing is once you move into the Luxury line, you don’t ever want to go back to the cheap line. Vehicles are down right expensive and the mark up is incredible, but that is life. While were on the subject of automobiles, I took a look at my air filter tonight. The thing was filthy dirty. There was even a leaf trapped in it. It’s very clear no one ever checked it because it’s beyond ready to be replaced. I dusted off what I could and put it back in. Then went to Amazon and ordered a replacement. I opted to buy a cabin air filter as well total cost was $29. Considering I am saving the labor not bad, plus it should save me on fuel and perhaps make my baby run a little better, not that I have any complaints about performance. I should have them both by Tuesday night. Kind of depends upon how I feel as to when I tackle the job of replacement.
Speaking of money I am out of it. A refill comes on Monday. Thankfully 1 of my banks credited the deposit early so I don’t have to put my groceries on credit tomorrow. I like paying cash/debit for small things instead of wracking up charges and then having a large bill roll in. It’s just more freeing and rewarding. However, too much up front cash and you will wind up with out any money quickly which is how I got into the predicament I am in now. I will get to schedule bill payments tomorrow and then Monday I will have money and by Tuesday a good portion of it will be gone. Ah there we got again, that’s life!
Well it’s getting late and time to climb upstairs, brush my teeth, take my pills and call it a night. Watch some Live PD or perhaps something on Netflix until I manage to fall asleep. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow as long as I can do my shopping in dry weather I will have no complaints. I will start the morning by wishing my favorite waitress good luck as she starts a new job on Monday in the office world. She will still work Sundays for a bit until she knows that things are going to work out for her. I have a feeling that won’t be for long and she will dump the waitress gig and move full time into the office. I have no idea what she makes now but she told me what she is getting to start and it’s not bad but it’s also not a lot. I hope all turns out well for her because she deserves it.
I hope you all had a great Saturday. Perhaps I will pop back in tomorrow with some words of wisdom. If not know that this will be my on-call week and I will be despising every moment of it and can’t wait until it’s over. Outside of that it’s just another week in the month of April. Cheers for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment