02 April 2019

DVR Issue

I really thought it was odd that I had no scheduled recordings.  Looking on my social media shows that I watch were talking about last nights episode or what’s coming up on this weeks show.  So I dug into things yesterday with some Google searching. 

The only only change I made was to stop the recurring recording of the repeats of The Big Bang Theory.  Oddly enough that must have coincided and/or cause a problem with the TV guide data not refreshing properly. 

I did a reset on the DVR last night to force a guide update, it took three resets to get this to resolve.  I had to reboot my Residential Gateway a total of two times.  Then when I gave up and called for support as soon as I got a live person on the phone, magically everything started working again.  However, I still had no scheduled recordings. 

This is rather odd but I resolved it by touching each series that I record.  I had to tell it to record new & repeat shows instead of new only.  Save it and then change it back to new only.  I also took time to delete the outdated series/shows that have ben cancelled so that helped clean things up.  It was a painful process and this consumed the bulk of my evening, which I had already anticipated. 

Now I am keeping a watchful eye on it to make sure that this is truly fixed.  If problems start up again I’ll call back and request a replacement DVR.  Hopefully, though fingers crossed I will not have to. 

No this was not April Fools but I wish it was, unless it’s AT&T’s idea of an April Fools Joke. 

No comments: