14 April 2019

Average Sunday

Today was a call me day or something.  Out of the blue I got a call from a friend and then from my brother.  I was on the phone all afternoon.  My brother was the longest talker of all.  He likes to repeat himself.  The big news is that his ex’s son that lives with him is going to be a father.  The kid is in his early 20’s and really freaking out about becoming a dad, he seems to think that his life is over with.  I’ve heard other people tell me that kids are dream crushers.  The thing is that if you want kids then you have to be prepared to have them.  If the circumstances aren’t right then you should take the necessary precautions so that doesn’t happen. 

Funny thing is that I can “get fixed” or sterilized for free but to reverse it that would be a burden to me.  My brother told me that he doesn’t want to have kids.  I said oh there goes my one and only shot to be an uncle. 

Oddly enough my brother still has all of his wisdom teeth.  You’d think that he would be really smart but that isn’t the case.  In any event one of them has decay and he opted to have it filled but it’s not working out.  The tooth needs to come out but he keeps on saying he has no one to take him for surgery.  He also keeps thinking that your wisdom teeth have to be cut out.  I explained to him unless they aren’t fully erupted that they get extracted like any other tooth.  It’s just that they are in an odd place so your dentist will usually refer you to an oral surgeon, even though most of the time they are fully capable of pulling the tooth on their own.  I had 1 of mine pulled by a dentist who had late hours and it was an emergency.  The other 3 were removed by an oral surgeon on two different trips.  My best advice is, it sucks but have them all pulled at once and your done.  If you don’t want to do that then at least have one side pulled at once, let that heal and then have the second side done.  Either way chances are pretty great you will be out of commission for a couple days and eating will be a chore but the sooner it’s done the sooner it’s over with.  I figured my life was going to end over my wisdom teeth and well I’m still here and still kicking.  Plus he could ask me to take him but he hasn’t done that, instead he tried to make me feel guilty and cajole me into volunteering myself but that didn’t happen.  Might have worked when I was younger but not today. 

The other great revelation is after 47 years of walking the earth he is finally living on his own, doing what he wants and not worrying about other people.  The problem is his smoking has increased and his eating has decreased.  He said he needs to gain weight because w/o a belt his pants fall down.  I told him I wear a belt and my pants still fall down.  I’d happily give him 20 pounds of my fat if I could.  His metabolizm is on fire and that’s always been the case with him.  Smoking doesn’t help but I told him to quit smoking and start eating more meat – it’s all about protein and well add some ice cream, cake and pie as well.  It won’t kill you and who knows maybe you’ll actually enjoy it.

My friend that called wanted to tell me he got pulled over for expired tags.  He was just beside himself that this slipped through the cracks.  I told him that he’s been going 100 mph non-stop for a long time and that this was bound to happen.  I told him not to beat himself up over it, just renew the plates and life will go on.  He’s taking care of this tomorrow.  I asked him so how does one get my on expired plates?  His response was drive on expired plates but limit where your going.

Those phone calls gobbled up my afternoon and now evening is here and it’s almost time for bed.  Not like I had much to do but it would have been nice to have the time to myself.  Ah well now to eat some ice cream and prepare to wind down for the day.  My air filter should be here when I get home so hopefully Monday isn’t too bad and I can put it in tomorrow night.

Here’s hoping it’s a great and quiet week ahead!

No comments: