Hello Beautiful People … It was an overcast and rainy day this morning when I woke up at 8a. Da Gator had to have her breakfast and did a good job being a pest in waking me up. With all my time off I thought for sure today was Sunday but alas I woke up and realize nope, silly it’s Saturday. I fed Da Gator, Momma and Marv. Then grabbed a soda, had a blueberry muffin and a banana for breakfast. I got in my morning pills and then returned to my bedroom where I was joined slowly but surely by my 4 legged furry friends. I decided to check out a couple things on Netflix, especially since the subscription price is increasing next month by $2. It’s not much but at the same time I am not happy about it. Anyway, I found 2 series that I started and finished. The first one was about a gay guy who has Cerebral Palsy, I didn’t think I would like it but it’s a riot and I had more than one LOL moment. The other one was about a Dominatrix who has a Gay Best Friend who joins her in her sessions as a helper of sorts. It too had a couple LOL moments. Both of these series just drew me in and I wanted more when they were done. I hate endings, especially when I am binge watching.
I had a Wood Wick Coconut Candle burning while I was watching TV and knew that eventually I would want a nap. I got that in and it was nice to hear the crackle of the candle as I was falling asleep. My furry friends were silent for a change. I guess the cat had their tongue!
It was a little after 2p and I got going for the day. Headed out for some pizza pie. Yeah not the kind of pie you were probably thinking about. Sausage, Mushroom, Pepperoni and Black Olive. It was a large pan and very good. The drive was nice and the sun came out and there was no rain. That made me very happy.
Once I got back in the area I stopped by and grabbed the mail, then picked up my sleeping medicine and then grabbed cat food. Finally back home. I should have gone to Target but I opted to skip it. Might go tomorrow I will be close by and they are the only ones who carry the casserole by Stouffer’s that I like.
It was time to pass out more food when I got home for the cats. Then on to log my purchases so I knew how much money I had left to spend. I got a message from my Doctor’s Office but it didn’t have drug names it was just a scolding that I need to do more to get tighter control of my blood sugar. Yeah well fuck you I knew that. I sure hope the doctor got my message. If I don’t hear from him in a couple days I will use snail mail and send him a letter. Short of seeing him in person that is really my only assurance that he will get my correspondence. His office staff is just way too helpful for him.
Took in an episode of Live PD with the kids. Momma was all fidgety and she is worrying me. She eats like a pick bird and is getting thinner by the day. She also has sneezing fits. I am wondering if she is sick or if it’s just allergies to the candles. I’ve got my eye on her but she is doing a good job of giving me some comfort. Cats are the masters of disguise they don’t want you to know anything is wrong up until the last second when it’s usually too late. That’s why you have to watch them without them knowing it.
I got the laundry going and then decided on a whim to buy Office 2019. It was a little bit of a struggle because I use the HUP or Home Use Program. Microsoft is really wanting everyone to get Office 365 but even though they would give me a discount on a subscription and it was reasonable plus I’d get 1TB of One Drive Storage I opted to pass for now. I had to scrounge around but found where I could get Office 2019 for $15. That is more than reasonable. I snagged that and had to login to my work email to get this process to complete. I’ve got 184 messages that are waiting for my attention, that’s is my punishment for taking 2 days off. Yeah well it’s all going to wait until Monday morning. I’m not budging on that at all.
I opted to order some checks for my late spouses account. The account has both of our names but the bank has to know he passed away since I am the only one using the account. Instead of putting both of our names on checks I opted to just list mine. The guy I am going to most likely hire to cut my grass insists on a local bank check and I figured now is just as good of a time to order checks. That was $20 for a box but I got something I wanted rather than a generic check design from the bank.
So it’s been a spending Saturday and also a relaxing day. I have calmed down from where I was last night. That’s a good thing. I am still highly concerned about my blood sugar. My weakness or kryptonite is sugar, no matter in what form I love it. Cake, Pie, Donut, Pastry, Ice Cream, Cookies, Muffins, etc. I like that and dick and since I ain’t getting any dick right now it’s full on sugar. I can cut back but I still have to have it. It’s like life blood for me.
Looking forward to Sunday to see my favorite waitress and hear how her job adventure is going, as well as having some good fast food and a bowl of chili. Grocery shopping isn’t fun but a necessary evil and then it will be time to fill up my automobiles gas tank and then home for the rest of the day. Where I will clean house and try to remain in a relaxed state until Monday morning when things go back to normal or should I say stressful. However, with much work to do the time will pass quickly and it will be Monday evening in no time at all.
So there you have it my day. I am doing some web surfing and listening to the police scanner. It’s been a hobby of mine for quite sometime and it’s nice being in the know. I am also yawning pretty heavy so it won’t be long and it will be time for bed. My furry friends will love that because they will get more attention. It’s nice though when I decide to wind down for the day we all gather in my room. Momma and Gator lay on my bed and Marv is beside me in the chair. Everyone passes out pretty quick except for me. Once I get groggy look out because that’s when it’s lights out. The girls aren’t too happy but Gator usually sticks with me until I fall asleep then most of the time she leaves me. She is not fun to sleep with because she is a short and fat girl it’s like trying to sleep with a bag of sand.
I hope your Saturday was just as if not more enjoyable than mine. Here’s to a great Sunday. Hard to believe were rolling into the month of May this week. Time does go by fast and speed varies on your age. The older you are the faster it goes. Cheers for now. We will talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment