For me today is just another day. Easter lost its luster with me after the passing of my spouse. It was a few days after Easter when he passed. Still I realize for the rest of the world depending upon your beliefs that this is a special day for many. Especially young and innocent children who want candy. My favorite is the jelly bean for this time of year. My late spouse loved Peeps and I went out of my way to buy all of the unusual ones just for him. They all tasted pretty much the same to me, marshmallow fluff and to me it’s horrible. Different strokes for different folks. In any case I hope that you and your family have a very happy Easter.
I woke up early, I hurt in places I didn’t think would bother me from yesterdays activities and the places I thought would bother me well they are just fine. Nothing like a little subtle reminder that your not as young and agile as you used to be. Plus it shows me that I am truly out of shape. That’s okay in a few days I’ll be right as rain or so I hope.
Took care of my work responsibility. Got the kids fed. Got dressed, took my pills and headed out the door. Grabbed breakfast and it was pretty good. Then filled up the tank on the vehicle and came home. My 3 new candles are burning in various rooms of the house so it should smell really good in here in no time at all. Changed the batteries in my Atomic Clock and continued the laundry. I think it’s going to be a nice productive and semi-relaxing day. It will also be a hot one with temperatures in the 80’s. Mr. A/C will be churning away once it gets too hot for me to handle in here.
I am exhausted but for some strange reason I don’t want to be idle. I am going to force myself to be idle in a bit and take in some TV. It will be good for the soul and hey I will probably get groggy enough to take in a nap. It’s not a bad thing at all.
So new week ahead and only 3 working days. My big day is Thursday. Tires in the morning, which I hope works out well. Doctor in the afternoon and probably someone will shove a needle in my arm. Hopefully the numbers come back good. I have tried to cut back on the sugar and the medicine dose has increased so hopefully it’s doing it’s job and I am not doing damage to any other organs. After that I am a free man for a whole 3 days. Friday will probably be a travel day if I am up to it, just not sure on where I will go. Saturday & Sunday will be a normal weekend. While I never really look forward to Monday’s it will be good to not be on-call. So I can go back to turning my phone off when I am in bed and not have to worry about potentially being disturbed in my slumber.
I hope you have a great week. May is around the corner and before you know it summer will be in full swing. That will be nice. Hot boys/men with their shirts off and more for me to drool over and potentially have a car wreck while I day dream. It’s almost happened a few times. I saw a runner earlier this week and he was very fine. Plus guys going to work will have on their tight fitting dress pants that show off their assets ah the boys of summer! Really hoping that I can snag one of them for my very own. I keep playing “the game” so odds are sooner or later I will meet someone, I just hope he’s perfect in all the right ways inside and out. The search is exhausting but honestly I am doing really good for the cards that life has dealt me. It still amazes me from time to time when I think about it that I made it through so much shit. I never would have thought things would have turned out so well.
Okay enough babbling. You take good care of you and be kind to others. I’ll chat with you again soon. Here’s to the week ahead may it be a great one for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment