Yesterday I was able to leave early and arrived home to find the repairman waiting in my driveway. Nice! The not so nice part was standing in the cold while he fixed the door. He did it with the door open and said it was easier that way. We talked the entire time he was working and I learned a little bit. I also found out that I am due for rollers on the garage door. He told me how to replace them so I may give it a go, I found some decent replacements on Amazon last night. He said to stay away from big box hardware stores because they usually carry Chinese products and they are inferior. He also upgraded the spring to one size larger and said that it would last longer. With springs you don’t go by years, but rather by usage. So the more you use the door the closer you come to breaking a spring. Too bad there isn’t a lifetime spring that one could purchase. Then the best part he asked me my age and I told him he said sounds like a Senior Citizen to me and I got $8 off. Okay so I am no Senior Citizen but it did save me money.
I went inside, warmed up with some Chicken Soup and a Sandwich. Man that was much needed! Took care of feeding the children and got 1 call at a decent hour. I woke up throughout the night but nothing but silence and that is the way I would like to spend the rest of the week – no calls and total & complete silence. Not sure if I will get my wish but there is no charge for wishing.
Last night I spoke with the Loan Officer and he gave me a contact at the Title Company and they are working to resolve this. I reached out to them as well and was told that they will be in touch in the next few days. They are trying to get the original document back before it hits the recorders office. You would think that would have been done by now but nope. So I will have to sign another Quit Claim Deed but I will be damn sure to scour every inch of the document before I put ye old john hancock on it.
Today has been a crazy day. I started the car and backed out of the driveway and the car started idling funny like it was going to die on me. I said okay car don’t start. That was it, smooth sailing into work. I am really good to my car so hopefully that was just a fluke. Although I am starting to think that being on call is always going to cost me money because something always seems to go wrong. Hopefully this is just two times of coincidence and this doesn’t become a frequent pattern.
I was able to enjoy Comedy Wednesday and only had the 1 interruption. Today is phone day meaning that I spend the bulk of my day on the phone waiting for people to call in with problems. I have been running around here chasing my tail, plus trying to keep up with the phones. It is making for a very busy day and I suspect its going to pass right on by quickly, which is fine by me. I am staying late tonight and reminded all of the children last night and again this morning. I don’t know if they understood me but I know their stomachs will come normal feeding time which will be off by a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes provided that traffic is moving at a reasonable pace. It’s already time to go back, see what I mean about time flying by. Talk with you peeps later.
No comments:
Post a Comment