08 April 2014

Rough–Depressing Day

Most people act like yesterday never happened. However, there are a few of us that it has really gotten to.  You guessed right if you said I am one of the people it got to.  I mean we all have bills to pay but most people here have husbands so the worry isn’t that bad.  For us single folks it’s just scary. 

I started to think about what I have to do and really there isn’t much.  If they keep me until the end, presuming I don’t find something before then it will greatly surprise me.  IT is typically needed until the bitter end.  However, they are talking with an outside firm so I suspect that my days are more numbered than not. 

Wow, I said I wanted to be free this year but not like this.  So much for a better year.  Then again it’s far from over.  It just seems really dark now.  Since the potential is that I could be out on my ear w/ no job. 

I am looking but the job market just isn’t what it used to be.  It’s about like when I went through this 2 years ago.  You get lulls and waves – until eventually your picked up by someone.  I hope that fact that I have a job and the experience I have works in my favor. 

Our HR person delivered my pay stub this morning and said F this place I am so out of here.  She is in panic mode.  Right now there is nothing to panic over, although I understand the desire to do so.  Because inside I am doing just that.  Outside I am just depressed and the same person. 

I need a week to myself w/o pay and w/o any disturbances.  Then time to start a new job.  I just hope that it works out.  I have some hope but not much.  Considering that before I was out of work for 2 years.  They say they will take care of us but who knows how good their offer, if any will be.  Most places offer folks money to stay until the bitter end but not this place. 

Well time to wrap it up the day is almost over.  Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: