It’s Monday again! That means it’s time for another long boring day at work. I am not sure if my allergies have gone wonky on me or if I am getting sick. Woke up not feeling the greatest. Apparently I’ve been drinking sinus soup all night long. My nose is running on occasion, I’ve sneezed a bit and even a cough or two. I’ve got extra allergy medicine in me to make it through the day or so I hope. I’ve been hitting the water hard in the hopes that I can flush this out. If things aren’t better by tonight I will supplement with a Benadryl, which will kick my ass and knock me out.
The bigger debate is supper – soup or chicken pot pie. I was set for soup but the pot pie sounds good as well.
Last night I had a pint of Chocolate with Peanut Butter ice cream by Hagen Daz. I think that might be the culprit. If it’s not that then some Potatoe Salad that I had with lunch yesterday. After that is when I noticed that my nose picked up the pace. I took a Claritin and shortly after a nap. Felt fine and then came this morning.
I hope that it’s only allergies. I got an e-mail from my doc yesterday he said that my cholesterol was up and that I need to watch my diet. Also that my liver function showed abnormality, so we need to follow up again in 3 months. I told him that I didn’t fast before the test and he said next time to fast. My blood sugar is elevated as well, so I guess I should limit my sweet tooth.
However, with losing my partner and soon my job the only thing I can think of doing is eating. I enjoy it and it’s semi-good for me. We all have our vices and mine are food and sex. I can always get food!
I just got a sales call at work… so you are the decision maker for your organization from an IT standpoint. I said yes until the first of the month. Oh are you retiring. I said no we are going out of business. Holy shit that cut the call very short. That is like the only benefit or upside to this going out of business thing.
It’s the first of the week and I am waiting, hoping and praying for good news from my interview last week. Right now it’s not a terrible worry but the longer it goes on the more I will think my chances have diminished. I know I made a connection during the interview but how many other people has he talked to? He probably makes that connection all the time.
People here are working their fingers to the bone and I am just sitting back and giving the illusion that I am working. I think it’s kind of funny in a way. Now there is real work to do and I have a list of it but I am just taking my good old sweet time in getting to those things. None of which needs to be done right now. I’ve got plenty of time.
The jobs start posting to the web by mid-day and so I will have some searching to do but thus far I haven’t found anything new. I did apply for 3 on Saturday night. The more I apply the greater my odds of getting a job before the hammer falls here.
We have one holiday left which is Memorial Day. I’ve got a couple weeks left before I have to burn what is left of my vacation which will be a whopping 2 or 3 days, depending upon their record keeping. I will be scheduling something probably next week, that is provided I don’t have to call in sick.
Easter was just another day for me. I spent the entire day at home with the children. They liked it because they got lots of attention and food. I liked it because it was a relaxed pace for a day, no hurry here or hurry there. Doing all of the running on Saturday might be my new thing.
I got Shy Girls claws trimmed. She got away from me two times. Finally I figured out put some weight on her back and she won’t go anywhere. She was a spitting mess and she went to the bathroom on me, the floor and anything else that came in her path. I ran out of paper towels on me so I had to use my handkerchief and rather than wash it I just threw it away. Her claws were starting to curl under. I got most of them pretty good but there are a couple where I just took off the tip and nothing more because she was being a bitch. It’s all good now that it’s over with but she was not a happy camper. Perhaps next time I will catch her under different circumstances. Ever since my guy has been gone, she really puts up the fight like I am going to kill her. Now the thought has crossed my mind but I won’t do her any harm. She is my little Tasmanian devil of a cat.
The house got hot over the weekend and I had to turn on the AC. Also the floor is still wet in the basement. I put a space heater on it and that helped a little bit. I wonder if the carpet will ever dry. If you have any tips, let me hear them. I’ve gone over the thing twice with the carpet shampooer to get as much water up as possible. Now it’s just damp and refuses to dry.
I am ready to go back to bed or go for a ride, anything is better than sitting here trying to figure out how I am going to pass the time. I suppose this is a small taste of what prison is like, except from what I hear they don’t let you sit around and pass the time on your own, you have to work or get involved with some group activity. If I was at home I would have the same dilemma but at least I could take a nap.
Happy Easter Monday! Talk with you peeps again soon.
1 comment:
Try putting some fans on the floor on full speed, that should help dry the carpets a bit faster.
Post a Comment