22 July 2012

Time to start another week

I am fairly well settled in my office.  I need some decorations and then I will be all set.  A nice neutral fragrance like coconut or vanilla would be nice as well.  One lady when you walk in her office it smells like oatmeal… more specifically Maple & Brown Sugar.  I love that flavor but can’t eat it because I am allergic to Maple and my nose would run all day!

This week I will be asking for my travel arrangements to be made.  I’m thinking that they will have me gone for 2 to 3 weeks.  I am looking forward to flying again, believe it or not.  However, the thought of being gone for so long kind of scares me.  I’m worried about my guy and my cat.  Outside of that all is well.

I finally remembered to look on-line and check to see if the place that I want to stay at has a laundry and it’s not listed.  I’m sure I will be able to find something, I mean every town or major city has a Laundromat.  However, I think I will have a problem getting them to accept American Express. 

This will be my first wireless network deployment, ever.  Lots of firsts with this job and I have a feeling that this won’t be the last first.  So I am a little nervous.  I mean if this project fails my job will as well.  Nothing like a little pressure.  I really wish that I could have done this differently, aka the right way with proper help.  However, I am sure that I will learn a lot from this.  I just hope I survive it all.

I don’t believe that I will be leaving until Sunday or Monday the 30th at the earliest, so I hope.  I’d really like to be here for this week and be given time to get things in order, pack and say my good byes to the children. 

I made the mistake last night of looking through the Yankee Candle Catalog that came in the mail some 3 weeks ago.  I had to have Scent No. 5 and Apple Pumpkin.  So I went to the mall to get them today.  No 5 is wonderful.  Apple Pumpkin well it smelled better in the catalog but it’s a nice change of pace.  I have such an addictive personality.  Thankfully I’m only addicted to good things like food, sex, electronics, candles, pens.  No drugs or alcohol for me. 

I did take some time for myself this weekend to do the things that I have been putting off and it felt good to cross them off the list.  I started a wish list for things that I’d like to purchase.  It only has 2 things on it right now and they can both wait for a while. 

I went crazy and bought a bunch of short sleeve shirts.  The best one is by Fila … it’s Orange and White.  No one and I mean no one will miss me in this shirt.  I look like a construction worker.  Hey that sounds like a costume idea for Halloween.  Maybe I can be a village person.  :)

My time has run out and my brain is scrambled like eggs at the moment.  So before I babble too much I will call it quits for now.  Take care and be well.  I will talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

Which of the Village People do you want to be? hahahaha That cracked me up! Great Halloween idea though!

I hope the trip goes well for you and that you not only learn a lot from this one but excel at it! :-)

Have a great week my friend!

Jeremy Ryan said...

Orange shirt, I'd be the construction worker. My partner made me do the YMCA before I left the house this morning.

I could also be an air traffic controller. There is no way anyone can miss me in this shirt. So much for blending in. :)