24 July 2012

2nd day of relaxation?

Well the boss is in today.  Thankful that I am out of the line of sight.  He passed by though and looked perplexed as to why I was sitting in an office.  Just please don’t ask me to move.  I just got comfy!

So yesterday one of the girls said that when she prints her printer smells like it’s burning.  I said let me look at it when you have time.  It was close to 5 when she had time, so I looked at it.  She needed a new drum.  I found it for $81 but she went around me and got permission to order a new printer.  Really!  Yes, they are going to throw away a perfectly good printer because it needs an $81 part.  No wonder this place is headed for Bankruptcy!  They spend money hand over fist on all of the wrong crap.  As long as my paycheck continues, I honestly don’t care.  I am just appalled at the amount of waste here.  I thought my last employer was bad but they would never do something like that.  To get a new printer your printer had to be dead or next to death and beyond repair.

The only good thing that came out of it is that my new keyboard was finally ordered, so I am expecting it before the end of this week.  I sure hope it arrives soon because I really don’t like the one I am typing on now.

I’ve got another one for you.  But this one kind of makes a little better sense.  One of the computers out in the country was in the shop.  It has tons and tons of viruses.  The only way around it is to reload Windows.  They told them that they would have to rebuild it, like you rebuild an engine.  It would cost well over $200.  So they are throwing it away and I ordered a new machine.  I can understand this one a little better because most of the equipment around here is very old.  Were talking back to the days of Windows 98 and Windows ME.  Thankfully the oldest OS on computers that I can find is Windows XP.  However, we do have a server running Windows NT, big surprise it’s not being backed up.  That is on my list of things to fix, when I am traveling.

Last night we went out for Mexican food and I ate way more than I should have.  I still had room for one more Burrito but decided to call it quits.  That was one good meal and I am ready to do it all over again now.  The food tastes so good, like nothing else and it’s super cheap.

Tonight we were going to have Tacos but the chef changed the menu to Cat Fish Nuggets.  They should be good, but I have no idea what we are going to have with them.

Last night Big Boy woke me up with his breathing.  He was coughing and gasping for breath.  To look at him this morning you couldn’t tell anything was wrong.  I listened to his lungs and they sound okay.  I have him his medicine and a belly rub.  He was happy as ever.  He really worries me.  I don’t like to think about the end, but I know that he is approaching it faster than I want him to.  Now I have no idea how much time we have with him it might be 6 months another year or it could be hours.  It’s just anyone’s guess.  I just don’t understand why this has to happen to such a sweet boy who didn’t do anything to deserve this.  Makes no sense at all.  I try not to think about it but it is really tough to shake.  I love him so much!

Well I’ve had a couple interruptions but they were minor, easy things to take care of.  I like that.  I’d like to have another relaxing evening and maybe even more time to watch TV.  Part of that depends upon how my day goes here and what chores I have to do at home.  Dishes will be on the list because we are having something fried and the chef always dirties more dishes.

At least today I am not hung over.  I got to bed on time and got plenty of rest, despite having to get up in the middle of the night and being woken up by Big Boy.  I almost forgot to blow out my new candle before bed, but thankfully my brain was still functioning enough to know to take care of that.

Well on to another task that will make me look busy, when I am really loafing! I’m enjoying it now because my time is coming and it’s going to be hell.  Sort of like the calm before the storm.

I hope your doing well, staying cool and out of trouble!  Take care and enjoy those around you, life is so precious.  I will talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

If I could magically grant you one wish it would be that Big Boy and all of your fuzzy babies could be healthy and young.

I hope you get your new keyboard this week, I hate using a keyboard that I don't like too.

Enjoy the calm before the storm Jer!

Jeremy Ryan said...

Aw, thanks very much. I'm greedy though so I would wish for hundreds of more wishes first. :)

I keep praying and hoping for the best. It's difficult to stay positive about this situation. It's the worst part of pet ownership. To look at him he still has a lot of life left in him. He eats like a horse. He's got the sweetest face and he loves to meow (bark) out orders for food, belly rubs or attention. Despite not being too agile due to his weight if he wants to he can really move. He still hates it when we get company and you will usually find him hiding in the basement. 45 pounds of joy!

I really don't want to travel because of him. However, his time is marked and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. Maybe I will be here and maybe I won't. It's totally in God's hands and there is no changing that. I just hope God will allow us plenty more time if not heal him all together. I would love to see him come off the medicine and then I know he would drop a few pounds.

I think about the vets remark every time I go to feed him. He's still on low fat right? Yeah, uh sure thing doc. Hell if I was on death row I wouldn't want low fat anything. Bring me a heart attack in a sack please and while your at it a large Onion Ring and a Pepsi!

Thanks Jude, just knowing your there and reading my posts helps me a lot. Take care and stay cool.