Morning! Ah, yesterday was almost like I took the day off. I had a little bit of work in the morning and some sprinkled in here and there in the early afternoon. However, for the most part once the meetings were out of the way it was almost like I had the day off. I spent a lot of time away from the computer relaxing. I watched TV and lounged with the cats, even took a nap or two – brief as they were. The phone never stops going off, although I did manage to make a whole hour with no email which is pretty rare during the work day.
I anticipate that today will be largely most of the same. I have a mid-morning meeting. My morning work little as it was is done. Unless something comes rolling in I am pretty well done for the day and it’s only 8a. Not bad at all. I will enjoy and savor as much away time as I can get.
Yesterday I learned that we made an acquisition and soon I will be super busy onboarding a large bunch of people. Sadly I will have to share the load with my mistake making colleague which will sort of lighten the load on me but I would much rather do the whole thing myself because then I would know it is done right. I apparently have earned enough respect that I got the inside scoop for once. I wanted to tell my mistake making colleague so he could be prepared but bossman said not to it’s a super secret for now but that won’t last terribly long. Bossman seems to think that it will take me and the mistake maker out of commission for a couple weeks. I think maybe a few days to possibly a week at most. Apparently he still has no clue as to how efficient I am and how I can plow through tasks like a hot knife through butter. Yeah I get a little overwhelmed but I get the job done every time without fail. I only pray that there is enough time planned when the big dogs are planning on a deadline. I am not super excited by the news but kind of pleased that I have the inside scoop and I actually knew before my boss did.
Last nights dinner was nothing I planned on. Chips, Cheese and Sour Cream. Then I had a French Toast Fritter to help cool off my mouth. Tonight I am having that BBQ Pork that I bought.
Watching TV and kind of bored last night. The phone rang and of all people to call me it was The Police. Apparently they thought there was some mix up with my ride along paperwork and they were calling to apologize and see if I was still interested in a ride along. Honesty is the best policy, especially when your dealing with the law. I told the guy that I had a ride along, when it was and that I was extended the opportunity to come back because my experience was cut short. I told the gentleman that I was highly considering scheduling another one because there wasn’t a whole lot of action the first go round. He said to give them a call if I was interested in a second go round and that I cleared the situation up for him. Working nights he wasn’t able to communicate with the others involved in the process which explained the call. Hindsight being 20/20 now I should have just had him set something up for me. The call was a complete surprise and something that I never imagined I’d get. I thought for sure he was calling to give me some bad news, even though I know that is typically delivered in person. I kind of held my breath at the start of the call.
I got in a little bit of play time with the cats before bed. Rudy looked at Mora spinning ball toy like he wanted to play with that. I gave it a spin and she heard it. She came running up as if to say what are you doing, that’s mine. She watched us but Rudy wouldn’t touch the toy. Mora and I played a bit as she kept a watchful eye on her toy. I passed out some cat nip when they both lost interest and that kept them both occupied and I was able to retire for the evening.
It’s been a little bit cooler here and the AC hasn’t been running quite as much but all good things must come to an end and as we get closer to the weekend the humidity will return and things will heat up once again. Just as long as the sun shines for most of the time I have off on my extended weekend I will be a happy camper, despite not liking it super hot. The AC in the car feels so good with the heat beating down it’s like that perfect mix of salty & sweet.
Grabbing my phone (aka electronic leash) and heading up to relax until I am needed or meeting time rolls around. It feels a little extra sinful knowing that I am being paid more while I am loafing. However, I think of all of the sweat I poured in and all of the shit I have been through and I realize that I have earned every penny of what I am being paid. Truth be told I am probably slightly underpaid but I’m not rocking the boat on that one. I will just keep on keeping on.
Stay cool, hydrated and be well. Have a pleasant day!
No comments:
Post a Comment