25 July 2025

Early Morning Phone Call

Hey we made it to another Friday!  Did you ever get an early morning phone call?  That’s how my day started.  I had finished breakfast and was in the bathroom applying moisturizer to my neck and my phone started ringing.  It was a little after 7a.  My first thought was who in the world could this be.  My second thought was this probably isn’t good news.  I made my way to the bedroom where my phone was and answered it with greasy fingers.  It was only the trash company aka waste provider telling me that recycling was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.  That doesn’t affect me because I am not a recycler.  All of my waste/trash goes in to the same bin regardless of what it is. 

I thought that would be the end of it and I got dressed and got in front of the computer to start my day.  I got 3 more phone calls in a short time telling me the same damn thing all from a robo dialer.  One of the calls was for a different address in the subdivision but our house numbers matched.  Thankfully that was the end of it and I haven’t heard anything further and hope that I don’t.  All I care about is the trash pickup and they came at 6a and did their job of waking me up early. 

I knocked out my morning tasks and did some prep work for other work later in the day.  I got to a happy spot where nothing was going on so I went upstairs.  Got comfy in my chair with both cats in my lap, were all cozy.  Then the phone rings again and this time it was work.  Calling because of a problem, it was something my mistake making colleague setup and honestly this time he didn’t do anything wrong.  I wound up coming back down and troubleshooting it.  Then I called him and told him about it and what I found.  By that time another team had punted the issue back to us.  My colleague took it and that’s the last I heard about it.  I kind of want to know how the issue turned out. 

By then I had to kill about 30 minutes and it was time to go back to work, so I just stayed in front of the computer.  Worked away for a while longer and then went up when it was Rudy’s lunchtime.  He was drowsy and not interested in food, so I just proceeded to my bedroom and we all reconvened in my recliner.  That’s when the cats decided to start a fight and I yelled to break it up and got clawed in the leg when they jumped out of my lap. 

Back to watching TV and relaxing.  Eventually they both came back and we all wound up taking a nice but too short of a nap.  The phone woke me up but this time it was an email alert.  I saw it was nothing and tried to go back to sleep but then another alert came in and another.  That’s when I just gave up.  It was normal lunch time so I told the cats it was time to get up for food. 

Passed out their lunch and ate mine.  Then watched more TV and moved to the couch.  The cats settled down next to me for naps.  I saw I had over extended my lunch period and decided to go out to fetch the trash bin.  It is hot out but didn’t feel all that bad.  I suppose if I would have stayed out there for a while I might have felt differently.  Came back in and here I am.  I checked on work and nothing is brewing so I have a few hours to pass before it will be time to go back to work. 

The real work starts around 5p and that should keep me occupied for a bit.  Then I have more at 6p and should hopefully be done for the day by 6:30p at the latest, that’s provided everything goes smoothly and I don’t get sidetracked.  Kind of an extra long day but I knew it was coming. 

There is absolutely nothing on You Tube today everything I have watched has been junk and somethings I just gave up on mid way through and decided to take my chances to find something else. 

I’ve already visited all of my regular sites, got my smut for the day, checked my email and paid a bill.  Now it’s back to finding something to do until it’s time to go back to work again or until work calls because of an issue.  Hoping that it’s a great weekend for all of us.  Relax, unwind, have some fun, eat some good food and do what you want.  Monday will be calling way too soon. 

Thanks for stopping by, talk with you all again soon!

No comments: