18 July 2025

Oh Yeah–Friday

We made it to another Friday folks!  I am happy about that because it means some time away from work, which is a very good thing.  Of course work has tried to throw a monkey wrench in my plans for Saturday but I have managed to navigate around that thus far.  Hopefully, they won’t be dishing out any more obstacles.  I really want to enjoy this weekend. 

Looking very forward to my massage tonight and hope that the knots (aka golf balls) in my back can be worked out.  My birthday week can’t come fast enough for that 90 minute massage, that is where the real progress is made. 

My soreness from the refrigerator adventure is wearing off as expected.  I still have some soreness from it but it’s fleeting and I expect will be fully gone by the time the weekend is done if not sooner. 

Pushed the trash out in the rain yesterday afternoon, that was no fun.  However, I am glad that I got it out when I did because I was in a light shower.  We got a monsoon that swept through a little later and I would have been fully soaked if I was foolish enough to go out in that.  We are back to an over abundance of rain and water issues are surfacing around the area.  Lots of flooding.  All is well here though. 

Saw Phil or maybe Phyllis last night – the groundhog.  Just eating grass like it was going out of style and keeping it’s ears tuned.  That thing can really move.  Not sure who would win if it went up against the cats in a race but I think it would be a close call.  Were never going to find out though. 

Finished off my garlic bread and pasta last night.  It was pretty good but not as good as it was on day 1.  Nothing really much on YouTube last night but I managed to find some videos to pass the time. 

Tried to play with the cats before going to bed.  Rudy was all revved up and eager.  I gave him time and attention.  Mora came to see what was taking so long and why I wasn’t playing with her.  Both of them seemed to loose interest.  Mora began playing with her ball in a circle and I just quietly walked away. 

We all met up again in my bedroom as I passed a little bit of time before climbing in bed.  Went looking for some cartoons since I was really bored with the options I was presented.  I found something and it wasn’t long before I was powering off for the night. 

Had a series of strange dreams.  Like I got a job working at Target and we were trying to track down the owner of a mystery purse and gift card.  I was never so happy to wake up and see Rudy guarding me.  I had to wake him up for a change but he sprang to life and came to greet me with his smile and biscuits.  I don’t think he was feeling the best – but something was for sure up with him.  We started the day as normal. 

Now here’s hoping for a mostly calm and quiet day.  I’ve already had a few things rattling the old inbox this morning.  Hope that your day is good and that your weekend is even better.   Talk with you all again soon!

No comments: