01 July 2025

Memories & Money

Morning!

Glad that Monday is out of the way.  It was a long day for me.  Today will be a little bit of the same.  Yesterday was so long because I had a lot of idle time and that should prove to be the same today or so I hope.  I enjoy taking a break from the screens, heading upstairs to be with the cats. 

Supper last night was left over Chinese food, which was combination house fried rice.  I added a little bit of hot sauce for some flavor.  As per usual Rudy bothered me and wanted some of it while I was eating.  I looked at him like I always do and say what’s a matter do you smell your cousin?  Unamused he jumped down and stormed off.  Mora didn’t bother to beg.  The answer has been and always will be no.  My food is mine and I don’t share with cats.  I rarely share with people. 

Bossman sent me an invite yesterday for a quick call to talk about my pay raise.  That call just happened and I got a 4% raise which is one of the top raises that you can get.  I’ve gotten a little bit more in years past but I am pleased with this pay increase.  I’m sure that taxes will gobble some of it up.  I am debating about adding some of this to my 401K, perhaps splitting it down the middle and taking a 2% raise for myself to live off of and giving the other 2% to my 401K.  Last year I pushed my entire raise to my 401K.  I could easily do the same as I am not struggling with what I am making but I like to see at least one pay check with the raise on it before I make any changes.  As per usual I was told to keep up the good work and that I am doing a great job. 

I forgot to mention that Sunday night I hauled out my photo collection and browsed through old pictures from trips we took as well as some childhood photos that were mixed in.  I got to see all of my family and it was kind of nice.  I got some laughs and memories came flooding back.  I’ve been wanting to do this for a while but kept putting it off.  Much to my surprise I found a nude of me.  This was back in the day when you had to take your film to a store for them to develop it.  I was just as shocked to find it as I was when it came back.  Normally those photos would not be included.  Looking over all of those photos just makes me want to take a trip but it’s not quite as much fun to travel alone.  I found an old email where my late spouse detailed an itinerary for one of our trips.  I was AOL back then and so was he.  It was a nice find as well, now I see why I hung on to it.  It was printed on a dot matrix printer.  Ah memories.  What a life.  I saw this house when it was in better shape and one of our favorite trees that a lighting strike took out. I could go on and on but time to get back to reality. 

We have a bit of a cool down in the weather still hot but not as humid.  Hopefully the AC will run a little less.  This place felt like a freezer yesterday regardless of where I was at.  The cats seemed to enjoy it and soak up the cool air. 

Well I think I am going to take a break while I can and escape to be with the cats before it’s time to come back to meeting city.  There are a couple later this morning and one this afternoon.  Then all I have to do is survive tomorrow and the boss is on vacation for a bit.  Hip Hip Hooray!

Take care and keep cool.  Talk with you all again soon!

2 comments:

dearzachblog said...

Recently I also tidied up the storage and found out a box of photo albums. I flipped through them one by one. I did not realize we have taken so much of photos when we were young. As we headed into the modern era with all photo setup in our smart phone, weirdly enough, we took less photos of ourselves.

Jeremy Ryan said...

There was something special about a film camera. I was careful and selective of what I took photos of. I remember when we got a Polaroid that was pretty neat, expensive but neat. Now it's shoot away with instant results. Photos are great memories.