Howdy!
I hope that you are all doing well and life is going good for you. Friday was probably hardest and longest that I have worked in a very long time. I was by myself and had lots of fires to extinguish. The boss man unknowingly applied some pressure regarding the project I am working on and I do believe that I drowned in a sea of emails. It didn’t help that I had a person that was putting in their last day and leaving super late at night. I just kept working and working and working. I thought it would never end. Finally, about 8p everything calmed down. I sliced myself a large piece of Carrot Cake and poured a large glass of milk. That was supper! Then I fired up Netflix and started watching the latest season of Cobra Kai. Gator was pretty happy to see me since we only saw each other for a few minutes during the entire day. I could tell that it bothered her but there wasn’t much I could do about it. I’ve since made up with her and showered her with food and attention.
Saturday, I knew I would wake up and want to be lazy, just the sheer amount of effort I put forth on Friday was exhausting. I don’t remember what time I woke up but it was earlier than I wanted it to be. I finished up Cobra Kai. I had something unhealthy for breakfast, don’t remember what it was I know for sure it wasn’t cake. Gator eventually passed out on the couch. I took some time for self-pleasuring and afterwards I too wound up passing out. Woke up around 1p and had to feed Gator some lunch. I grabbed an ice cream bar and loafed for a little bit. I took a shower, got dressed and began my journey outside. I hit up the pet food store first. They didn’t have much but the selection was slightly better than it has been, still lots of bare shelves. From there I went to grab the mail. I got a birthday card from my friends and they want me to pick a day where we can get together an celebrate. I don’t know that I am going to reach out, probably will leave this until Thanksgiving and we can celebrate then. The birthday woes are over with and it’s something I’d like to forget; despite that I am constantly reminded that I am all alone. After getting the mail I ventured out for Pizza from the place that is 35 minutes away. My stomach was bothering me a little bit but I really wanted Pizza bad as well as to see the hunky waiter. I really got lucky in terms of the pizza, it was actually crisp and fully cooked. I limited my toppings instead of loading it up. Just a simple Pepperoni, Sausage and Spinach. It was damn good and I have plenty left over that I brought home. I could tell that I would soon need to hit up a bathroom so it was for sure time to head for home. I had a new waiter and asked him about the old waiter just to see if he still worked there. Turns out he was the manager that was presently on duty but working in the back of the house. He asked me if I wanted him to get him and I said nah was just curious if he still worked here. If I didn’t have the urgent need to leave, I would have chatted him up and possibly worked up the courage to ask him out. I was the only customer in the entire place so it would have been perfect timing.
Made it home and got everything taken care of and put away. Fed Ms. Gator some supper and spent a little bit of time with her. She went off to nap and I took that as my opening to start laundry and get on the computer. Time always has a way of getting away from me when I get in front of the computer. It should be called a time machine because it is just so engrossing. I was working on a complaint letter to 3 agencies that I am going to hit up regarding Mint Mobile. I still haven’t heard from those bums about my refund. I got my credit card bill and paid it, now it’s time to get my money back. They have until Wednesday so I am going to be fair and give them the time but if nothing comes on Wednesday then I will be firing the torpedoes (letters) off. I’ve got it arrange all neat and tidy in a PDF personalized for each agency and I have checked they all have internet submissions so I won’t be losing a small fortune in postage.
It was getting late and Gator was crying so I printed out a final copy of the letter and headed up. She got some more food; I proofed my letter for the final time made some additional changes and then got to social media and got caught up as Gator napped away in my lap. There were some unexpected Thunderstorms and it was raining pretty good. I’m not a fan of the rain since water damage created my mold issue a few years ago. It always concerns me. Eventually I put down the phone, turned on do not disturb and started watching TV. Having finished up Cobra Kai I was left with YouTube videos and then settled for a couple episodes of Family Matters. That was enough to wipe me out and I was soon in bed a little after midnight.
This morning I woke up, I knew I would have issues with getting out of bed having gone to sleep so late. I slept in a little bit but got moving by 7:30a. Gator had her breakfast, I filled up the fountain it was damn near empty and I got dressed and headed out to breakfast. I was really hungry and I have this thing for hot grits. They are so comforting but I enjoy them on a cool or cold morning the best. The temperatures have dropped significantly so I opted to treat myself to a large bowl of Grits, then orders Blueberry Pancakes with eggs and sausage. Damn I was so full when I left, I was slightly miserable. I remember thinking to myself I love food so much I wonder if I will ever manage to lose weight. Hit up the grocery store and managed for the first time in a while to get out without spending $100. That’s mostly because they re-arranged the store and I don’t know where much is located. I want a bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups; they are my go-to when my sugar drops and I eat them as treat now and then. I also need Ketchup & Mustard but have no idea where any of those items are and it slips my mind when I am there until I am about home and then it hits me. I hate that but like I said last week, I will remember next week. Watch I will forget again.
Made it home, more food for Gator. Then we sat together in my chair. I tried to dose off but just didn’t have it in me and then when I was about to fall asleep the furry alarm clock started chirping. I had to give in and feed her. That caused me to get moving a little bit.
I am on my second load of laundry. I took care of a change I needed to make at work. Caught up on Porn and finalized my letter and worked to get it all ready to go on Wednesday. Figured I would catch up on blogging as well. Next on the list is cleaning the house and then were going to sit and watch a tech podcast and that will should take us until about 7p tonight. I need to put out medicine and I hear Gator calling me so it must be time for more food, she has really been eating a lot but as long as she is happy and doing well, I see no reason to change anything. I plan to have a couple slices of left-over pizza for supper.
Not really looking forward to tomorrow because with this project I am really super busy. Right now, it is in my plans to get into the office on Tuesday. Gator won’t like that but it’s only one day and I think we will both be okay. Hopefully it will be a calmer and better week than last week. Feels like we crammed 5 days of work into 4 days.
I’ll leave you with something I saw in a YouTube video. Arkansas a trooper pulls over a Red Ford Focus that is occupied by 2 people (man and a woman). The reason for the stop is because the tags are expired. The woman was the driver and she pulled over as soon as the lights went on. She didn’t have a license; the car was her sisters but there was insurance on it. The man didn’t have a physical license on him, he thought it was suspended. The trooper goes back to his car and does the computer checks. He comes back to the car a short while later. He asks the man to step out and he hands the woman back the information she had provided him. The man sees the Trooper is occupied talking to the driver so he bolts. The Trooper yells at him, there’s no warrants come back. The man didn’t hear him and kept running, which caused the Trooper to chase after him in his car and of course he caught him. Just before he was cuffing him the trooper said it was really stupid to run away, all I was going to ask you to do is drive the car because you actually have a valid license. He said I don’t have a valid license it’s suspended because of a warrant. Apparently, the warrant wasn’t something the Trooper could enforce (might have been out of geographical limits for extradition or some other reason). The man started pleading to give him a break but the Trooper arrested him and he was holding in his hand meth of all things. So, he gets charged with fleeing as well as drug possession. Moral of the story is it never pays to run from the police and just because they pull you out of a car at a traffic stop, doesn’t always mean your going to jail but that is the case the bulk of the time.
Hope your having a nice weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment