Thinking back to last Thursday feels like a month ago, it’s all just a big blur but that happens with small chunks of time when I don’t blog and/or follow a normal routine. Kind of takes me back to the start of the year and COVID.
Thursday …
I went to the doctor. He’s in his new office and man it’s nice but you have to walk a decent distance to get anywhere. They no longer take blood in the room, you have to walk to the lab. They have a new scale that is designed to weight the fattest of people. I wasn’t very pleased when I got on it, kind of felt like I was at the stockyards. Then again I haven’t been happy with my weight for a long time but the past 2 years have really caused me to pack on the pounds and they just don’t want to go away.
The doctor walked in the room and asked me how I was doing and I told him I could have been better. He said is that because of all of the loss you have suffered? I said no it’s because tomorrow is my birthday and I will be all alone. Man he felt bad, said that he wanted to throw me a party. I said fine by me but I knew he was only joking. We talked about dating and he told me that COVID is going to be around for at least the next decade and we are probably as safe as were are going to get so it’s okay to date if I wanted to. As for Monkeypox he said that there was low risk of that at the moment.
The next subject was vaccination for Shingles. Since I have crossed over the 50 year old threshold I am now eligible for the Shingles vaccine. He said that most people feel like crap the day afterwards low grade fevers, muscle aches and general worn out feeling but after 24 hours it passes and life goes back to normal. That’s not to say it would affect me that way but thus far that has been the general reaction. This would be a 2 shot dose where you get one now and then in a couple months you get the 2nd dose and your done for your lifetime. While I haven’t had Chicken Pox he said that I could have had it and had a very mild case so mild that no one would have ever picked up on it. Right now I haven’t gotten the shot. I am probably going to do it just to play it safe because if you get Shingles it’s not only painful but you can be left with pain for the rest of your life. While I don’t think I will live that long in general, it would be my luck that without the vaccine I would get Shingles as I am in general an unlucky person.
Long walk to the lab and 2 pricks later and we have blood. We both talked about my last A1C being in the 4% range and how something must have gone wrong at the lab. Well the results from this test are back now and I am in the 5% range. That is shocking to me and I know it’s good news. He will be pleased so I have that plus in my win column. I have scheduled my next appointment in December and already requested time off.
I went out for Meatball Pizza from a local place. It was really good, could have used a bit more cheese but wow so good!
Friday …
As per usual only my boss remembered my birthday and reached out with a text. I remember my co-worker that I work with on a consistent basis last year promised that he would put it on his calendar but he failed. He was the one person I was counting on hearing from. The day after I heard from one of my Thanksgiving Friends wishing me a happy birthday by text but it was a day late. I am seriously considering not spending the holidays with them this year, in a way I would be the only one suffering but damn I really feel like I am an after thought and their so called friendship isn’t worth a damn.
I ventured out to get my haircut and to stop off at Sam’s. I picked up a small tray of brownies for $6 and the whole damn thing has been consumed by Sunday morning.
I wanted to go out on Friday for supper but just ran out of energy and the depression started to build.
I am on a couple dating apps have had several people interested in me, most are not within my geographical area and only one of them was remotely appealing to me. I paid for 2 apps and have sunk $100 into this little adventure. My subscriptions are valid for a month and I have turned off auto renew. Even though it’s been a while since I have been on an app I have found many of the same people from years ago and I am thinking wow it’s either really difficult out in the world or these people are all flakes. I mean some of them are blessed with average looks to where it shouldn’t be terribly difficult to find a date. Plus they are younger than me.
Honestly, I don’t have high hopes since I am now 51 and with my weight I don’t believe that I will find anyone but I am at least trying. I am no wizard with the dating profiles and filling those things out is always kind of a pain and a bit awkward. Kind of like when you find a match and go to strike up a conversation, the hi how you are part is the easy open but usually after that is when everything seems to fizzle as if they don’t know how to carry on a conversation or more likely they just aren’t that interested in you in the first place. In person meeting is much better because it’s harder to ignore someone and a bit easier to strike up a conversation but I am not the type to visit a bar much less a gay bar. Wish me luck, I need it. It would be nice if nothing else to make a friend or two.
To end the day I discovered there has been a mouse in my bedroom. Gator is the one who has been trying to tell me this for a bit now but I didn’t quite pick up on the signs. With her age I don’t think she cares much about actually catching a mouse like she would have when she was much younger. Which I suppose is a good thing. She was on the couch all zoned out, it was late. I was watching TV and drowsy as ever. I was about to drift off and something moving fast across the room caught my eye. I turned on the lights and started looking, sure enough I found a mouse. What I thought was food from Gator that I had been cleaning up was actually mouse droppings. I closed my door so it couldn’t escape, I set out traps but the damn thing after a couple days never tripped one of them. Since it’s Sunday now I just gave up and opened the door. I doubt that I will ever see the little bastard again. They tend to make an appearance see me and then never come back. Give it a little bit of time one of their relatives will find me and the cycle will repeat. Now I know they have been nibbling on Cat Food among other things.
Saturday …
My depression had me in it’s grips. I had plenty of tasks planned to accomplish but looking at the weather which has been rain and overcast for days, just made me want to go back to bed. I was lazy all day long, taking a nap here and a nap there. Eating a brownie here and a brownie there. Finished off the pizza on Friday. I let the entire day just pass me by and I really didn’t give a shit about anything.
I played on my phone with a little social media and the dating apps but that’s it. Mostly watched TV and fed Gator. She was having the time of her life with me by her side all day long. She had a nice little buffet of food to snack on.
I was up late but had the lights out before midnight and was in bed asleep.
Sunday …
Morning rolled around I had plans to get up and get going with a normal Sunday routine. Once again I looked at the weather and just moved a bit slower. I missed breakfast so I finished the brownies off. Got in another nap. Sat around watching TV until about 2p.
Got a shower, got dressed and headed to Red Robin of all places. Had a Whiskey River BBQ Burger which was pretty good. A bit over priced but good. Grabbed the mail and came back home. Used the bathroom, fed Gator and then back out in the rain to get Cat Food and Gasoline. Then home.
Put away the cat food. Scooped out the litter box. Gator snacked on some of her food and then I came down to pour through the mail, email and all of the porn that I had missed out on for the last 4 days. Man with it being a holiday weekend there is lots of good stuff out.
I need to get upstairs and put out my medicine. Probably a good idea to grab some supper. If it’s not raining I might go back out again but if it is then I can easily skip a meal.
Monday plans …
Wake up early, hit up a restaurant for breakfast then the dreaded trip to the grocery store. Back home to put the groceries away.
Then on to cleaning the house and putting down some essential oils which the mice hate. I should have done this sooner but really want to get into the attic (that means climbing on a ladder, which I am not a fan of) and spraying the essential oil up their. I had put it on the outside of the house and that calmed them down for a couple days, if it soaks in and the aroma wafts though the entire attic perhaps they will be so uncomfortable they will leave. I doubt that I will actually get on a ladder tomorrow but we shall see. I also have the gutter extenders I purchase to install but with the the way the weather has been it’s not exactly idea to go outside.
A bit of laundry to do. Spend sometime with Gator and take in some TV. I need to at least peek at work email to find out what I am going back to (not sure if I will or not).
Tuesday back to on-call and normal work. I plan to stay home all week since I am on-call but I have plans to go back to the office the following week. We shall see how that all works out. It’s going to be hell when I do go back because I will be very busy to the point that I probably won’t know left from right. In some ways that will be good and in others no so good.
It’s like I told one of my colleagues I seem to excel at my job and life isn’t exactly horrible at work. I need the same luck with my personal life to strike a balance and then I know I would be happier perhaps even have found happiness.
What I left out is a couple of power outages (brief) but just enough to make me have to reset the clock on the microwave. It won’t let you cook anything unless the date and time are both set. I hate that but it’s a good microwave and I’d be lost without it.
Gator seems to be doing pretty well. We haven’t done any more fluids but I am thinking of squeezing in a dose for good measure. I want to keep her as well as possible and feeling decent. She still comes to bed with me to fall asleep in my lap as I watch TV waiting for my sleeping pills to kick in, then I have to wake her up and get her back to the floor so I can mosey to bed. Such fun!
Happy Labor Day! There you have it how I spent the last 4 days and my plans for tomorrow. Hopefully I will be happier the more I get done and for sure once I get back to work, but I will hate being on-call as I always do.
No comments:
Post a Comment