04 October 2020

Sunday update

looks like marv  This photo was taken from the internet and is a very close representation of my Marvin.  Sometimes it helps to put a face with a name.  He is still showing positive progress signs and has used the litter box for #1 and now #2.  His appetite is on fire and he is constantly asking for food.  He is drinking and getting around the house really well.  You can tell there is one leg that isn’t working that well.  In the morning both of his back legs are cold (paw pads), by the afternoon they heat up a bit.  It’s not normal but it’s also not ice cold.  He is sleeping well and I noticed when he dreams all of his legs but 1 move with him, at least that was the case this afternoon. 

I really feel like this is a small blessing and I’d like to think we are out of the woods and that all is going to be okay.  However, I am frantic and obsessive over this and can’t help thinking of losing him.  It’s in my dreams, my thoughts and now in my writing.  I am scared and just want a hug and some reassurance from a human.  Knowing everything I do today, I absolutely feel like I made the right decision.  Had I just listened to the vet today I would be very sad and wouldn’t have known the progress my guy would make.  I guess that is a testament to me in that I don’t give up.  You might knock me down but I’ll get up again. 

I’ve been by Marv’s side for a good portion of the day.  I also spent a fair amount of time sleeping.  I took a muscle relaxer last night to ease the tension in my shoulders and neck, toss in a sleeping pill for good measure and it was any wonder how I managed to get up at 6a and pass out breakfast.  I went back to bed for a bit and then by 9a I was up eating my breakfast, passing out breakfast #2 for the kids and then off to the grocery store.  Came back home and sat on the couch with Marv and we watched some TV and I caught up on social media.  Then I grew very sleepy but I waited for Marv.  He wanted down from the couch and I obliged and then went back to bed.  I didn’t get up until a little after 1p and tried some Brownie M&M’s.  They are very good if you like Brownies you’ll enjoy them.  Passed out lunch for the kids. 

We have been on the couch off and on.  I elected to skip my usual Sunday routine and just operate on a get by schedule.  I wanted to keep things calm and stress free for now.  The vacuum cleaner raises the blood pressure in the cats and I figured they could use a break. 

I came down to do my work report which I will get to in a bit and then it’s back upstairs for the remainder of the evening.  I’m thinking about frozen pizza or the fresh made chicken pot pie I picked up.  I wanted chili but forgot to buy it, silly me.  Overall, I feel a bit better but like I said earlier could use a hug.  I think perhaps getting back to work tomorrow might be the best thing for me.  It’s set to be a busy day, two large meetings to attend plus whatever else Monday throws my way.  Here’s hoping that it’s much calmer than it’s been the past two weeks. 

I hope that you have enjoyed the weekend and are doing well.  I’ll talk with you peeps later.  Take care!

No comments: