14 October 2020

Feeling Thankful

Hey everyone – it was a very long night for me.  The pain medicine that I gave Marv to help calm him down has a side affect for him that is new.  Once the drug takes hold his hind limbs are paralyzed.  I had to carry him to my bedroom, which he wasn’t terribly happy about.  Then he let me know by looking at the water bowl and back at me that he wanted water.  Pretty smart, huh.  I brought the bowl over to him and he went to town wetting his whistle. 

From as best as I can tell (minus using the bathroom) he’s back to the same old Marv I am used to.  I haven’t seen him use the litter box but I am fairly certain he has.  His appetite and thirst are both way up.  Crossing my fingers that I don’t have false hope and that this is the calm before an even bigger storm hits. 

If he didn’t know it already, I love him very much and I think he is well aware of that.  I am enjoying every moment I can spend with him because I know he is up there in age and eventually we will part ways.  For now all appears well and I’ll happily take this as a win.  I have a vet appointment for him on Saturday but if he continues down the same path he is on and all appears normal then we won’t be making that visit. 

Given the affect of the medicine, he had that on board when we went on our early AM emergency vet run a week ago.  I think that a clot is highly possible but that his paralysis was do to the drug I gave him.  Most cats that throw a clot that hits there rear legs don’t fair nearly as well as he is.  I’m not saying the vet is wrong, I’m saying I am not that lucky.  Marv surely is!

Talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: