October is Cybersecurity awareness month. You might be scheduled for some training at work or you might be reminded about typical things to lookout for like phishing emails and the like.
I came across an interesting article as it relates to both cybersecurity and sex. There are some guys who practice chastity by locking themselves in a cage. The old fashion way was a cage and a small padlock went on, your master or partner kept the key to ensure that you remained faithful. This is a turn on for some guys and a company developed a remote controlled cage that can be locked and unlocked via your smart phone. Turns out there is a flaw in their app and you could wind up getting locked in permanently. I know ER doctors see a lot of strange things but could you imagine being locked in this device and wanting free, so you turn to the local ER? It’s got nightmare written all over it, not to mention it the embarrassment and laughter it would cause.
If your interested in this, take a gander at the article that Techcrunch posted https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/06/qiui-smart-chastity-sex-toy-security-flaw/ If your not interested but curious to know what the cage looks like, a photo appears below. The one safe thing about all cages that I have seen or heard of is that they allow you to go to the bathroom but you just can’t get aroused or you will be in some pain.
If your not familiar with it there is a technique called Sextortion. You get an email from someone who claims to have watched you pleasure yourself while watching porn, they have video of you and screen captures of you. They claim to have installed a virus on your machine and tell you not to report this to the authorities or they will know. Unless you pay x dollar by x date they will release the video to everyone in your contacts. I’ve gotten a few of these emails myself and I don’t deny watching porn. The joke is on the sender though because I don’t have a webcam. Most people though are embarrassed and concerned. I am sure that someone has paid the ransom or demand because this is a semi popular technique that has been used for a while. I found an interesting article and thought I’d share that with you as well. https://www.brookings.edu/research/sextortion-cybersecurity-teenagers-and-remote-sexual-assault/
I don’t think that cons, scams and schemes will ever stop because of greed for the almighty dollar. However, the one thing that most criminals think is that they are smart and won’t get caught. I am pretty certain there are a large portion of people who don’t get caught, especially on their first offense, but that builds confidence and eventually if your dumb enough to keep doing the same thing you wind up getting caught in the end.
Hope you enjoyed this and that your doing well. Take care and I will talk with you peeps again soon, be well!
No comments:
Post a Comment