I’ve wanted to go out to breakfast while I have been on vacation but it never materialized. This morning I made it happen and it’s a darn good thing too. Looks like were headed back on lockdown in my neck of the woods because the positivity rate is spiking. I stopped in at my local Cracker Barrel and much to my surprise the place was packed just as if there was no pandemic. Of course there were safety precautions in place and not nearly as many tables as there would be if there wasn’t a pandemic. It’s the first time I have been in the dining room since before the pandemic hit and it kind of felt good.
Not sure if there is a war with Diet Dr. Pepper but it appears to be disappearing. Cracker Barrel replaced it with Coke Zero. Totally not the same thing but it’s better than Diet Pepsi. I hope that Diet Dr. Pepper stays on the market even though it may not be widely as available in restaurants.
I got in the normal cat food and grocery shopping and by the time I got home I was tired. I’m way out of shape and physical activity isn’t my friend or so it appears to me.
Gator was eagerly waiting for me to come home. We spent time together in my chair. Then I looked at her and she looked at me and I said the words nap time. She jumped from my lap into my bed. I was like right on! We passed out for a very short cat nap before she became vocal and demanded lunch. I tried to delay her and go back to sleep but she was persistent as per usual. That worked to my advantage and I think she knew that.
We both took in lunch. I got some vacuuming done and finally threw away what used to be Marv’s treats. That was really tough but it was time. It’s not like they were going to get consumed by Gator. I didn’t vacuum by my chair on purpose because that is where Marv used to lay. Gator goes over there and sniffs the carpet now and then. I want to preserve his scent for her, I know in time it will fade and eventually I will run the vacuum there , just not today.
As I am writing this I realized you don’t know the lab results I got back. The vet phoned yesterday afternoon and told me that Gator has the early stages of Kidney Failure. Her levels are very mildly outside of the normal range and I was told it’s nothing to obsess over but you know that is exactly what I am going to do. I think it’s stress but the vet says that this wouldn’t be caused by stress. Funny thing is that stress affects everyone differently. It does make me wonder if she is in any pain. I was told the important thing is to keep her on wet food, make sure she always has access to water and stay away from dry food if possible. She should get re-checked again in 6 months. I will probably take her back then but it will depend a lot on how she is doing. She is after all an old lady but she still acts like a kitten in many ways. The good news is that her thyroid is perfect and so is everything else in her blood work. I wish those kidney values were normal as well. Who knows maybe next time they will be better. Still I am beside myself and very concerned about her.
I am working on laundry and need to run my report for work, then it will be time to move back to the upper level and spend the rest of the day with Gator before Monday morning comes calling in all it’s glory at which time I will reluctantly return to work. I hate like hell to go back but I have to it’s not like there is a choice to be made. I am going to figure out how much extra time I still have left and try to burn it if possible before the year is out, better than losing it.
Happy Sunday and I hope that your doing well. Talk with you folks again soon. Stay warm and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment