The week has flown by and here we are at another Friday. Normally this would have me ecstatic with anticipation of time off and a long weekend. However, since I have been on vacation since Tuesday it’s just another day closer to having to go back. I am thankful that I am off and that there is an extended weekend, who knows I might get something accomplished!
Last night when I was getting ready for bed, I made a huge mistake and took my Friday evening pills. I had already taken my Thursday evening pills earlier in the evening. After I swallowed them, I realized the mistake I made and thought what to do. My initial reaction was who cares but then the more I thought about it I could see the potential for my sugar dropping overnight, so that was the perfect excuse to load up on Oreos & Milk. Obviously, nothing bad happened because I’m here typing this out. My initial intension was to take my normal Friday morning pills around noon but that didn’t happen. I’ve had a Claritin all day and that’s it. My allergies are driving me nuts and I will resume my normal medication routine tomorrow morning.
My lab work came back today and some how I managed to get my A1C 1% lower than it was 3 months ago. It’s still very much well controlled and that is good news for me but also surprising considering how much sugar I put into my body. Just think if I didn’t do that my sugar would probably plummet and my numbers would be even better. I skimmed the rest of the results and nothing appears out of the ordinary, which is terrific.
I wasted today and made it my lazy Saturday even though I know it’s Friday. It was perfect gutter cleaning weather today but I was in no mood. Tomorrow I hope to get the rock purchased as well as my usual cat food run and I will check the mail. If I am in the mood, I may pursue cleaning the gutters. I know I could easily hire a handyman to take care of it for me but this is clearly something I can do myself. It’s not something I enjoy doing and most everyone else I have ever spoken with about the subject feels the same way. Once I get them clean, I have the plastic mesh chicken wire to insert in the hopes that it will be a very long time before I have to repeat the job again. I hate going to the home improvement store as much as I hate cleaning the gutters.
The extended weekend will be a tell-tale sign of how serious folks are taking the advice of the health and science professionals regarding COVID. I am fairly certain there will be more large gatherings, parties and people not wearing masks or social distancing. Provided that is the case that will certainly cause a spread of the virus. I really hope that that large majority of people do the right thing. The sooner we get the infection rates down, get a vaccine that is effective and get everyone immunized is the sooner we can all break free of this quarantine. Although one thing that has come out of this is that it’s possible kids won’t ever have a snow day again because of technology being used now to home school them, they can easily break that out on a snow day. That kind of sucks because I remember how much I used to love snow days. Even when it came to work but now with the advent of technology a snow day for me just means I am working from home. That is probably the same for a good portion of office workers.
A co-worker of mine suggested I check out a new show on Netflix called The Circle. It’s reality tv where a bunch of strangers all move into their own apartments and while they are next to each other they never see each other except on line. The goal because it’s a game is to become most popular and then you win a bunch of money. You can be yourself or anyone you want. It was appealing at first but after about 30 minutes I gave up on it. Not for me. However, I mention it in case it sounds like it might be of interest to you.
I need to go login at work and put in my vacation time and figure out how much more time I have to burn before the end of the year. I’ll look at my Tuesday and if things are light then I will leave it at that but if Tuesday is hectic then I will certainly do some work tonight. I mean would be less time I have to take since I would be working. I don’t want to stress myself out just because I decided to take time away from work but I think that is inevitable, there is a price to pay for taking time off as if you did something wrong when in fact you didn’t. Coming back and the chaos that goes with it are the two things I don’t like about time away.
I hope that you all have a great weekend and enjoy the Labor Day holiday. Rest up, have fun and enjoy yourselves. This is the last major holiday that we all get in the US until Thanksgiving which is 83 days away, I know it seems like it’s a long time from now but it will be here quicker than you think. Be well and I’ll talk with you peeps again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment