I made it to my friend’s house for Labor Day. I walked in with my mask on and once I took it off for eating and it never went back on. We were all more than socially distant. The food was good, at first. However, something about Onion Burgers just didn’t sit terribly well with my system. I tasted more salt than anything and like a dummy after I finished one, I went back for another. By the time I got home (which was later than I wanted it to be) I was ill. I had missed my evening pills and my sinuses were going nuts. I got some medication and prepared for a Monday on a Tuesday and then got to brushing my teeth, that’s when the fun begins.
I have had a tooth that I haven’t been able to floss in for a couple weeks. No matter what I try the floss just doesn’t go all the way down to the gum. I got some small wire brushes aka Gum Butler and tried that. I managed to slightly irritate the gum but was at least assured that there weren’t any food particles there. Despite that still not able to floss in the area. However, after this onion burger adventure I am now able to floss and felt something leave the area. It was a feeling of relief at first. I don’t know what it was but now I feel like I want to rip my teeth out with a pair of pliers. It started to just be the one area but quickly has spread to both upper and lower on the left side. My nose has been going nuts as well and then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I feel this way when I get a maxillary sinus infection. I also had a moment when I couldn’t taste anything and it’s all making sense to me now or so I think.
However, normally with a maxillary sinus infection I feel horrible in general but right now it’s just my mouth that is a constant issue. The sinus issues come into play on occasion, evening seems to be worse. I thought this was a mouth issue for sure but the more I think about it I don’t think so. Regardless of what this is, I wish it would leave me alone. I’ve had enough fun already this year. Hopefully in a couple days things will improve. Until then I am sticking with the salt water gargle because it can’t hurt anything and giving my mouth some extra attention in between meals (which I normally don’t do).
I was just at the doctor and am surprised that I could be sick but anything is possible. I could have picked up something in the air there. I don’t mind visiting the doctor but the whole germ factor makes me want to run the other way. I’ve been pretty fortunate this year as illness goes and the longer, I can go without getting sick the better.
Being back at work makes me want to go on vacation again. I still have yet to announce my tentative plans for the 2 weeks I have to burn.
Outside of that, all is well. I hope that this tooth/sinus issue resolves. I am going to take a couple Benadryl tonight and see what tomorrow brings.
My latest acquisition was a pair of Bluetooth ear buds, I had a former boss raving about an inexpensive pair he bought on Amazon and they work great. I didn’t go with his selection instead went with something slightly more expensive. I was all excited when they arrived and was quickly deflated. They work great for listening to music but suck for phone calls. I tried both in, one in just the left ear and then one in just the right ear. I was leaving a message on my own voice mail and when it came time to play it back I could barely understand what I was saying. Needless to say, I am returning them. I don’t know why I feel the need to have them but I opted instead now to buy a much more expensive pair that is brand name. JBL to be exact. They retail for $100 and will be delivered on Friday. Plus, I was able to order them in blue, which is my favorite color. It’s a dark Blue but it’s still Blue. I’m more of a bright Blue guy myself. Anyway, they had a newer model for $10 more but I would have had to wait a couple week for them to arrive. Something about Amazon and 2-day delivery just makes me want everything NOW. They are marked down so I am not paying $100 but it’s still a small sum to me. I hope they work well and I can use them as a backup to the headset I already have. There are some days when I get stuck on long calls and the charge in that thing dies. I am not a fan of speakerphone but if it’s a choice between holding the phone to my ear or using the speaker, the speaker choice wins most every time. Now all I have to do is make it out of the house to the UPS store across the street to drop off the return so I get credit for the original pair. I will let you know how this turns out.
On a different note I did tell my friends about climbing a ladder to clean the gutters again and they encouraged me to hire it done, part with the money it’s well worth it rather than taking a risk. Well, sorry folks but I am climbing a ladder. It’s not like I am going all around the house it’s one small gutter over the front porch and then a couple large ones that cover the deck in back. The front yard is hard to access and where all of the risk is. Oddly enough the back is easy access and low to no risk of falling off the ladder. It also depends on what kind of ladder you use. “A” frame ladders have a higher fall risk but that is probably what I will use. I have a taller straight ladder but it really requires two people to get it down. It took two of us to put it in place for storage, I could probably get it down by myself but would rather not unless it’s an absolute. If I was circling the house that would be an absolute.
I saw a couple of good movies on Labor Day. The one that I enjoyed the most is called Taxi it is an old movie. I found it on Starz it has Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah in it. It was very funny and had some great lines! Plus this was Jimmy Fallon much younger and before I even knew who he was.
There you have it a quick update on the low and highlights of my life. Now up to get some Benadryl and relax with the kids, until tomorrow calls and I have to go back to work. I hope you all had a great Labor Day holiday, enjoyed the extended weekend and had a safe but good time. Take care and thanks for dropping by. I will talk with you peeps again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment