20 September 2020

Average Sunday

Greetings once again!

It’s an average lazy Sunday here for me. I slept in a bit, grabbed some left-over pizza for breakfast and fed the cats. Went grocery shopping and when I walked in the door what greeted me, a huge platter of cookies. Chocolate-Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugar and Chocolate Chip. There were I’d say 32 cookies there for $9. Yeah, I bought it just because. I also got ½ of a coconut pineapple cake because I’ve been craving cake. I’m trying Oatmeal Squares Cinnamon a new or should I say new to me cereal by Quaker Oats. I opted to go back to sugar cereal this week just to change things up a bit. I did get out of the store today very close but under $100, so I’m proud of that. I wish it was much lower and I suppose if I would have left out the cookies and cake, yeah it would have been.

Filled up the tank on the vehicle and it landed on $22 and then I came home. Unpacked, undressed and relaxed for a bit. Then off to deal with the laundry. I aired out the basement and had a couple fans going to get the air circulating. Watched TV with the cats, ate some of those cookies and drank way too much Diet Coke.

I am getting ready to do my daily report task at work and opted to blog a bit. I’ve got the laundry finishing and once the report and the laundry are done, I can grab that and head back upstairs. I have more TV to watch and then to get ready for tomorrow, which I dread just because it’s back to work and I am not a Monday person.

Gator has been sleeping the day away. She buries her face in her cat bed to obscure her eyes so it’s total darkness and then she falls asleep. I don’t know how she does it but when she is in the living room on the couch, she tucks her head to obscure her eyes and falls asleep but eventually she lays on her side. Marv has been a bit needy for attention and I’ve of course given in and I got him to stretch for me a couple times. Then he gave me a couple kisses, which I love. They are both sweethearts and I’m happy they are all mine.

I fired up the Zillow app on my phone and went house hunting. I found a couple of condos in the area as well as plenty of houses and some land. I got lost in house browsing as one can do. Plenty of nice affordable options but it was just browsing I am not entertaining the thought of moving, despite wanting to. Downsizing would be smart but the chore of moving, packing and unpacking as well as throwing things out could easily take a week or more and it’s just not energy I am ready to afford to the process. I don’t think I will ever move just because there are so many memories here and it would feel like I am abandoning ship. I think that moving would be healthy for me mentally because it would mean a fresh start and making new memories, perhaps with someone else for sure with a different cat or cats. If it’s going to happen it will take place once Marv and Gator pass, this is the only home they have ever known and I don’t want to uproot them this late in their life, it would be unfair. Cats don’t like change any more than people like change, but it’s part of life.

The weather has been really nice and cooler here. That won’t last terribly long. I keep telling myself next weekend I will get the gutters clean and go purchase the rock I need. However, next week comes and goes. I realize that if I don’t get in gear eventually it will be too late to complete the project. It’s one thing that I would for sure like to do. The other is to clean off and completely power wash the deck, then rearrange things a bit to change it up. I am never out there to enjoy the deck and the weather. Still have a brand-new grill that has never been used. However, cleaning makes me feel good and seeing the finished product well that will please me even more. I am sure it will shock the hell out of the neighbors. I’m not a slob but I don’t take the best of care of my yard. I’m not an outdoors person. I could care less how it looks but I do realize that next year I will probably need to hire a tree trimmer to come trim the trees and bushes, since I skipped this year. Hopefully, I will be able to put away some money over the winter to make that possible because I know it’s going to cost a bit.

Not sure what’s for dinner if it will be left over pizza or if I will bust something out of the freezer. I could go out but really don’t want to get dressed. I am also in a hair battle where I want to cut it but I also want to let it grow. Eventually, it will get on my nerves and I will buzz it off. I am just waiting to see how long I can go before that point. Maybe I can make it to look like a rock star with long hair but I seriously doubt that because I am a fan of short hair. I’m a neat freak, especially when it comes to appearance but since no one is seeing me, except for once a week on camera, I have stopped caring for the most part.

I hope that you have had a great day. Tell me about it if you wish. Thanks for stopping by and take care of yourself. I’ll talk with you peeps again soon. Be well.

No comments: