This was part of what happened to me today, not fun at all. After I was done brushing my teeth last night I took a closer look at my tooth and it does appear that part of the filling broke off. That’s probably why I got so sick after the burger because I swallowed what broke off. It’s just coincidental that I also have a sinus issue going on as well.
I phoned the dentist this morning and got an emergency appointment for this afternoon. As luck would have it I got a dentist fresh out of college and not the dentist that I wanted. There is no abscess, which is a very good thing. I had to get shot in my mouth 4 times to get numb enough for her to drill out a filling and make a larger opening. My tongue was supposed to be numb as well but that never happened. She just somehow managed to get the side of my mouth to numb up and I honestly sat through some minor pain because I didn’t want another shot. This was the 2nd most awful dental experience in my life, the first one was when the dentist hit the nerve in the side of my cheek as she was numbing me up, that made me fly out of the chair. They call it a zing but I call it pain.
They don’t use Novocain anymore or so I am told. There are other cains that they use and she told me what she was going to use but I didn’t care less. I just knew a needle was coming in contact with my body and that is never something I like, small prick – yeah not a fan of those. I like my pricks larger but that’s a whole different subject.
I felt pretty bad this morning and got my morning task done with my co-worker and then called it a day. It’s not like I can’t use a day to waste. I spent some time back in bed. Marv told me it was lunch time. I got up and fed them and myself. Then grabbed a shower and put on some clothes. Waited a bit and it was time to run out the door.
This will set me back some money once the dust settles but I don’t expect it to be much more than $60 or around that. Kind of depends on how deep she went, as they charge by surface level. I’ve got a return appointment scheduled for a cleaning which shouldn’t involve any pain or needles.
I feel okay at the moment and doubt that this feeling will be around tomorrow morning but I am sure hoping for it. If the sinus issue persists then I will be hitting the doctor back up. Just glad to know that this wasn’t connected but the timing sure is super odd.
Time to go find out what I am fixing for supper and then spending a relaxing evening with the cats before I try this work things again tomorrow. The double good news is that I have time to use and I am working from home. Unless things are seriously bad I will probably just force myself through it.
Here’s hoping your day didn’t involve a needle or a trip to the dentist. Talk with you peeps again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment